Are your peeps toxic?

JRinAZ
on 10/15/09 1:40 am - Layton, UT
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great.

- Mark Twain, writer and satirist

Tell us about your support system?  How has your family reacted to your WLS?  To your weight loss?  Co-workers?  Friends?

Do you feel like you have had to defend your choice?  Is everyone so thrilled for the new you that you feel surrounded with love and support?

Have you found a support group that reaches your personal needs?

Happy Thursday!!!! 
(support group tonight at 6 pm, Tempe St Lukes, All invited but malabsorptive procedures are the focus)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Chris S.
on 10/15/09 8:46 am - Tempe, AZ
Everyone on my journey and before have been such a tremendous support I am forever thankful for my family, friends, co-workers, support group etc. 

However, I should not say everyone.  I lost my best friend of 25 years over WLS.  She was my right arm and I was her left.  She is a big girl as well and when I told her I was going to have surgery she went to her employeer to inquire about having it and they have it excluded.  From that point on I have heard nothing but grief and put downs from her and I made a decision I was not going to listen to it and no longer speak to her.  During that time I sat and thought many hours about our friendship and came to the realization that it was for the best and although we were BFF's the friendship has been somewhat toxic through the years.

When I made the decision to have surgery I decided from that day forward I would live for me and put me first something that is still very hard for me to do but I am learning I am worth it. 
sunshine86
on 10/15/09 11:14 am
I had some toxic people in my life.... so I cut them off.

Now I don't have very many local friends, and it's kinda lonely... lol.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Most Active