Looking for a great PCP in AZ

azKim
on 10/14/09 3:54 am
I am looking for a great primary care physician you would highly recommend in either the Phoenix or Tucson areas.  I am located equally far from both.  The last one I went to in Tucson didn't have a BP cuff big enough for my arm and the scale only went to 250.  The gown they gave me to change into was humiliating.  The doctor then told me I was fat because I ate too much and to go on a diet.  I have been unable to make myself go to another doctor since.  Its been 7 years.  I'm researching  WLS and know I need to know my numbers for BMI, BP, Chol, etc.  It would also be nice to have a PCP I could count on as support.

Thank you for your time.
*Malena* M.
on 10/14/09 7:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
I LOVE my PCP and would highly recommend her!  She was actually named in the Phoenix Magazines 2009 Top Doctors.  Her name is Dr. Tiffany Nelson and she is at Desert Ridge Family Physicians http://desertridgefp.com/  My 12 month old daughter, my Mom and my brothers all go see her now, too.  They only make appts for the same day or next day, which can be nice if you are sick or are just a last minute type person.  It isn't hard to get in either.

329 (pre-op) 167 (4-22-10) 150 (lowest and goal Summer 07) 
Wife to Russ and Mommy to Elizabeth "Libby"

Lilypie - (mr7x) 
Lilypie - (FJkW) 
valarie30
on 10/15/09 3:21 am - phoenix, AZ
 dr. merril turner is a really good dr.  he is not mine but my husbands and he is really good... i think its called warner family practice..  
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 9:49 am
JRinAZ
on 12/7/09 11:48 pm - Layton, UT
On December 7, 2009 at 5:49 PM Pacific Time, tomwall wrote:
Dr. Brad Barnett
Tucson

He's been our family doctor for 20 years. None better!
He will support your WLS goals.
Thanks Tom!
I'll make sure the committee working on the AZ WLS Resource book gets that info included!  I'm sure your Tucson friends will appreciate knowing that
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active