Got a date...on my way!

Nerd Lover
on 10/13/09 1:27 am
So my date for RNY is November 2.  I am having a revision from Lap Band, which I throw up over and over constantly with.  I can't wait to get it out!

I'm nervous, but keeping a positive outlook.  I go to my pre-op appointment tomorrow to learn and then start my pre-op diet.  I hear it's not a liquid diet, probably just a calorie restriction and learning how to CHEW CHEW CHEW again.

Anyone with RNY that has any advice that you wish you had taken or didn't know prior to surgery?
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
JRinAZ
on 10/13/09 2:57 am - Layton, UT
On October 13, 2009 at 8:27 AM Pacific Time, Christy C. wrote:
So my date for RNY is November 2.  I am having a revision from Lap Band, which I throw up over and over constantly with.  I can't wait to get it out!

I'm nervous, but keeping a positive outlook.  I go to my pre-op appointment tomorrow to learn and then start my pre-op diet.  I hear it's not a liquid diet, probably just a calorie restriction and learning how to CHEW CHEW CHEW again.

Anyone with RNY that has any advice that you wish you had taken or didn't know prior to surgery?
Woooo Hooooo!  Revisions Rock!!!!  So glad you'll be ditching your source of suffering!  What a great gift to give yourself for the Holidays!

Let us know how we  can support you!

Hugggzzzz,

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 10/16/09 2:54 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Christy,
I Just wanted to wish you luck on you upcoming surgery.

Wendy
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Nerd Lover
on 10/27/09 5:08 am
Thanks everyone!  I'm only 6 days away and WHOA have the nerves set in!  What did you do to make the days pass swiftly, productively and still have your witts about you? :)
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
JRinAZ
on 10/27/09 7:07 am - Layton, UT
On October 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM Pacific Time, Christy C. wrote:
Thanks everyone!  I'm only 6 days away and WHOA have the nerves set in!  What did you do to make the days pass swiftly, productively and still have your witts about you? :)

Hey Christy!

Here's some ideas to help the time fly and to keep your psychi in check while you wait!!!!

1.  Write a letter to all your kiddos or anyone important.  Tuck it away and then forget about the tiny percentage of risk!

2.  Organize your closet and old clothes into sizes.  Weed out the uglies and have the smaller sizes on deck.  You'll zoom right through them and sometimes people even skip sizes!

3.  Organize your pantry and ditch the foods that may be triggers for you after surgery or put them in a lock box in your kid's room.

4.  Order protein samples (www.vitalady.com) has samples so you don't have to invest in the giant protein tubs; only to find out you can't tolerate them.

5.  Read your big pre-op "Bariatric Bible" and highlight all the things you need to buy ahead of time. 

6.  Clean your house well so you can chill during your recovery and not stress over the little messy zones in the house.

7.  Research yummy/healthy post-op recipes in each stage so you'll be ready and not lost during each phase.

8.  Make a "bucket list" of goals...or things you want to achieve, try, etc. 

9.  Write down milestones you hope to reach on your journey....weight you were in your wedding dress, weight you were when you graduated, ......1st 50 lbs., etc.

10.  List rewards you can give yourself that are non food related.

11.  Study fashion magazines and find a "look" that you want to have when you get to a certaini point.

12.  Park on O.H. main board forums and AZ state forums to learn from others.

13.  Study all the Before and After stories on O.H.  Amazing transformations!

14.  Attend as many support groups as possible so you can interact with peeps who are walking in your future steps.

15.  Start walking and moving your body now so your surgery will be even safer!

16.  Gather your friends and family together as appropriate and teach them how they can support you.

17.  Prepare a journal so you can log your progress.  It's good to have when you have  a few struggles to look back over a the losses and see what works and what doesn't.

18.  Bedazzle your picture journey somehow....either with an online blog, a photo album, your o.h. profile, etc. 

19.  Measure every area of your body.  Take pictures in a few poses and then SAVE that outfit to take future pictures in.  It will be your outfit to refer to when you are discouraged.

20.  Start researching plastic surgeon's now!  LOL!  (I personally recommend Dr. Mazaheri!  *wink, wink*)

Whew!  You've got a lot to do!  You'd better get started

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nerd Lover
on 10/29/09 4:37 am
Wow thank you Joyce what a fabulous list.  So much that I posted it to the RNY forum!  I appreciate it!
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/09 1:16 pm - AZ
On October 13, 2009 at 8:27 AM Pacific Time, Christy C. wrote:

I had a band for 18 months and finally revised to a sleeve.  I too, had the surgically forced bullema. ;o)  I absolutely ruined my teeth with all the vomiting.

Have you considered filing a complaint with the FDA for a device that caused you harm?  Until they get enough complaints the band has false stats.  We need to get the word out.

Congrats on your new surgery type!

Most Active