HELP...

ScottAZ
on 9/29/09 1:31 pm - Charleston, WV

Hello everyone, I know it has been a while since I have  posted anything.  Life has been busy just like with everyone else I am sure. Hope you are all doing well.

I just wanted to post something here.  I am having a huge issue right now where i can not get my self to the gym, and cant stop eatting.. I know as soon as i put it in my mouth I am not hungry.  I am not sure why i am doing this, and it scares the hell out of me.  what is wrong with me..ugg I am so scared to gain my weight back now.. :-(

Paperboy
on 9/30/09 8:51 am
Scott,  Just get off your butt and get yourself to the gym. 

If you're anything like me you are increasing your eating because you are mentally kicking yourself in the butt for not going to the gym.  Us recovering food addicts have a tendency to try to make our problems go away or at least soothe them a little bit by eating. 

Or I could be just a rambling idiot that has no idea what he's talking about.  That seems to happen a lot.

All I can give you in advice for the gym is just take it one day at a time.  Drag yourself there by whatever means necessary.  You'll be glad you did it in the long run.  If you lived closer to me I'd come by and drag you out at 4:45 in the morning to hit the gym with me.

I hope things get better for you.  If  you need anything you know how to get a hold of me.

Todd

JRinAZ
on 10/6/09 8:20 am - Layton, UT
On September 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM Pacific Time, Paperboy wrote:
Scott,  Just get off your butt and get yourself to the gym. 

If you're anything like me you are increasing your eating because you are mentally kicking yourself in the butt for not going to the gym.  Us recovering food addicts have a tendency to try to make our problems go away or at least soothe them a little bit by eating. 

Or I could be just a rambling idiot that has no idea what he's talking about.  That seems to happen a lot.

All I can give you in advice for the gym is just take it one day at a time.  Drag yourself there by whatever means necessary.  You'll be glad you did it in the long run.  If you lived closer to me I'd come by and drag you out at 4:45 in the morning to hit the gym with me.

I hope things get better for you.  If  you need anything you know how to get a hold of me.

Todd

Hiya rambling idiot

Well said!  I'm not going to get my butt to the gym but I am going to start walking all over this great AZ country of ours!!!  .....and......one day at a time!!!!

Weigh 2 go Todd!  4:45??????  Holy Moly!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nancy S.
on 9/30/09 8:54 am - Mesa, AZ
Scott,
Having had several weight regains myself, I know that usually  when the mindless eating increases and motivation to exercise wains, it is time to see a therapist and find out what is 'eating you'. the surgery is a tool that has worked well for your body but now you need to work on your mind and old thought patterns that are undermining you in your success. I would seek out a therapist who specializes in food addictions. My best to you, Nancy

Most Active