Freeport McMoRan insurance no longer will be covering wls

marcie K.
on 9/22/09 1:58 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Our HR guy was on a commitee about our insurance plans for next year and said that there was a decision to not cover wls as of the end of this year!!  I don't know if anyone on here who is from my company but if you are considering surgery get things moving so you can get approved and surgified by the end of the year.  Our guy said he argued for it but no one would listen:(  He did say they are improving our cardiology covering which just seems stupid!! 

Not sure what that means for folks like me who already had surgery...
Jordan_S
on 9/26/09 5:53 am
I heard that same rumor at the MOrenci Mine right when they switched from PD. So I jumped on it.
Nerd Lover
on 10/13/09 1:06 am
I didn't hear about this until yesterday, but thankfully my surgery is scheduled for November 2.  Yay me! 

Ok so sink money into cardio coverage instead of preventing what causes it.  Unbelievable...some people just don't get it.
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
azKim
on 10/14/09 3:23 am
Christy,
How long did it take you from start to getting your date?  I just found out about the insurance change yesterday as well.
Thanks
marcie K.
on 10/14/09 11:46 am - Sahuarita, AZ
cool glad u are getting the surger now !  what kind of revision are u doing?  the insurance is covering it?  just wondering because I've been considering a revision but wasn't sure thed cover it.  of course if we don't figure it out soon it will be out of the pocket
Nerd Lover
on 10/16/09 4:06 am
From start to fini**** took me about 2.5 months!  You have to go through all of the labs and the psych eval before they will give you a date.  If you let them know you're in a hurry, they may see what they can do.

I'm having a revision from Lab Band.  My doctor with the Lap Band really jacked my band up about 8 months out.  It's been pretty hectic, but I decided on getting RNY and just going big with it instead of messing around.  I don't want to take the chance this will happen again.  (long story).  I'm happy with my decision and now I'm THRILLED with my timing.

They DO cover revision and revision is WAY easier to get approved (my doc was a little slow getting paperwork to the insuarance).  The insurance covers all weight loss surgery 90%.  All in all, this surgery cost me $2,000 out of pocket.
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
Most Active