The End of My First Week.Post-Op...long and weird

Nancy S.
on 9/15/09 12:51 am - Mesa, AZ
Wow , who would have thought the things I learned in just this past week    ... I think our skin  and muscle has a kind of

"memory ", I found that after I was home I  "remembered" different ways to get myself up off the bed or from a deep chair

had flooded back from two 30 yr old  C-sections experiences and other tummy surgeries,

being home, babies crying and I can't  sit up! Body rescue me!

Somehow the skin or body,  instinctual says..... try this, roll this way.. and there is a familiarity to it. 

I learn what it quasi-feels like to have a tiny penis as I would stand over the toilet to squeeze and pull the little appendage to my Grenade to make it empty and look proudly down on my own little fatty jewels ( kinda like little tapioca's)  shining in the water. My husband say I liked feeling what it might be like to stand and pee. OK  Interesting but I'll stay with sit and comfortable.

I learned that some people are not meant to be on Loratab.

One evening , early on, sometime during the night, after a dose of the magical loratab,  I came up this idea that I should "harvest" my little fat pearls from my Grenade penis, and then just like on Plastic Surgery TV, when they do Lipo, I would put my precious babies into a centrifuge to clean them ,.... Oh Wait!  I don't have one of those .....but ..I have a Magic Bullet? that'll work! 

Then since I give myself my own B-12 shots, I just go ahead and inject them into my own wrinkles!!!!    Think of the money I'll save! This loratab is a magic, huh?

All this in the middle of the night. Just  a  "type A"  personality trying to find logic in the illogical state of narcotic pain relief... I like being in control of what little  mental Faculties I have.

Most of all I learned that the older you do this the more difficult it is to snap back from, youth has many advantages, so if you are waiting just to wait , out of indecision, you are doing yourself a disservice.

I learned how incredibly grateful I am for my husband and daughter. Sometimes you don't realize how much someone loves you, till they prove it.

I really learned that revision is not a dirty word, it means you are human and we all are different, nothing more. no stigma, not for me.

And with that I'll close and begin my second week of my New Life.

PS: My husband ordered me a small gold necklace charm that  says "New Life" on the front and the date 9-08-09 on the back. What a doll !!!

xo Nancy

JRinAZ
on 9/15/09 1:25 am - Layton, UT
Wow!

Kudos to you.!  Your slightly bazaar but detailed post is one of the most real and educational writings I have seen!

Kudos to your hubby for seeing beyond the function of the surgery and hitting the target with the true meaning!

...looking forward to reading about week 2!!!  Maybe your musings can be "cleaned up" in your magic bullet (winks) and published someday:)

I hope you feel up to an outing this week and can make it to the HM group on Thursday...
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nancy S.
on 9/15/09 1:45 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, I really have to thank you for being my angel, you always seem to know what I needed to hear and that's what the best angels do.  love Nancy

vixen_luv
on 9/17/09 2:21 am - phoenix, AZ
Aren't husbands wonderful?  I don't know what I would do wothout mine.  That was so sweet of yours?
Most Active