Anbody extremely bloated right after surgery?

Nancy S.
on 9/12/09 10:21 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi All ! Doing really good for the most part, but my lower body has terrible edema or holding fluids since I had the surgery? it's only in my legs and ankles amd feet and BELLY of course. I am walking about 1.5  mile at least per day. .Surgery was Tuesday and Doc let me go home wednesday because I was doing so well.

I'm ready to loose these elephant trucks for legs!!! lol
any suggestions? xo Nancy

Jeannie O.
on 9/12/09 2:43 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
My sister had the same problem and the doctor told her "keep sipping tha****er and when your not walking elevate those feet".  Hope that helps and congratulations!
With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
ginau
on 9/12/09 4:00 pm - mesa, AZ

Nancy

common issue .. some of it's the I.V fluid's  they pumped into you ..  keep sipping and walking  - watch the salt .  It's going to take a week or so .. the more you walk the better you will feel and the thin legs will re-appear.

p.s. = stay away from the scale

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nancy S.
on 9/12/09 9:58 pm - Mesa, AZ
OMfreakin'Gawd, Jeanna! too late!!!!!! Just yesterday I hopped on for just a sec....pre-op wt was 200 yesterday was 218!!!!

But I could see just by looking at myself that it was edema so no true freak out.

Did I mention that the pre- op AND post -op and duty nurses blew a total of NINE IV lines on me? I had a rough 24 hours on the inside. I look like someone beat me up!
Thank G-d, L
eah spent that first night with me, I don't think my husband could have handled it , without making me a nervous wreck. They each know where their strong points lie.

Have you called her yet about the medical coding? Her email Addy is:   [email protected]  if that's easier for you, call, text, IM, whatever.

How was 1pm Saturday support meeting? was Dr. S. there?

thanks for all the good advice!  xo Nancy

ginau
on 9/13/09 9:15 am - mesa, AZ
Meeting was very good - Portion distortion discussion.

Yep Dr S was there looking very daper and sporting a new haircut.

I need to call Leah - maybe just email her -- afraid of taking her away from work.

Soooo you look like a drug addict ?  Did you have the wonderful Dr Wu  put you to sleep ??   he is awesome - just dont want him to start any more I.V.'s on me - lmao
( long story )

Look forward to seeing you soon.   I am going to the H.M. group Thursday night.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nancy S.
on 9/13/09 11:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Jeanna, the number I gave you is her cell phone. They don't even have a house line. She is home tonight if you want to call. Don't be afraid, she's pipsqueek 30 yr old  who could hurt a fly. and she is expecting to hear from you.

Yah I'm going to make the HM group thursday night.

Dr. S. was probably dressed up for The Jewish High Holy Days which started at sundown Saturday.

I am going to bring some BA calcium choc lozenges to pass around to everyone . I hate them. Will have to switch to choc calcium chewies.

Michele T.
on 9/13/09 1:00 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
I'm so glad that you're doing so well!  The swelling will pass, just follow Jeanna's advice.

Missed you Saturday but I'm glad to hear that you'll be at Thursday's meeting.  I'll be going to the Botox party as well.  See you then!

Michele
maduarte
on 9/13/09 2:46 pm - Litchfield Park, AZ
Hi Nancy,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.   I am amazed you are walking 1.5 miles already  WOW .  I look forwars to seeing you on thursday.

Michelle
Michelle
Nancy S.
on 9/14/09 2:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Michelle, what is the holdup on your procedure? you should be done   by now??????

xo Nancy

Michele T.
on 9/14/09 3:50 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Sent you a PM
Most Active