eating question

REININGCHICK
on 9/10/09 6:06 pm - AZ
ok im back home doing well. but ive noticed that im able to eat a little more then i feel i should. im down 42 pounds but i just feel im eating a lot. i dont eat but 2 times a day but im just scared im not going to lose the weight. 
i just had my surgery the 24th. i dont know if im not getting enought protein or what the issue is. i cant drink the protein drinks it makes me gage. i found i can eat some eggs it makes me feel better. more full. i havent found any thing really that  appeals to me.

liveinphx
on 9/11/09 8:39 am - Phoenix, AZ

Some additional info might help folks help you. Did you have  RNY or lapband. What stage of foods are you at. Are you on liquids, clear liquids, puree or soft foods. It sounds like soft foods since you are eating eggs but I am not certain.
I am also not clear how much liquids you are drinking.
I am also not sure why you are eating just twice a day. Is that what your surgeon and/or program suggest?
I don't know what types of protein drinks you have tried such as powder vs ready to drink, sweet/chocolate vs fruity ones  vs bullets vs hot, vs cold.
Also yogurt especially greek yogurt is a great source of protein and relatively easy to get down and so is cottage cheese.
Hope this helps though I feel like I am just doing a stab in the dark thing cause I don't know any specifics. Good Luck

Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
KimBLIS
on 9/14/09 3:11 am

Congrats on your surgery!  It's normal to feel a little confused and worried after surgery but if you have questions, I would definitely encourage you to talk to your surgeon's office or reach out to your nutritionist for some advice.  It is very important that you are getting your water in (remember, sip, sip, sip!) and also your protein.  If shakes aren't working for you, if you haven't already, you might try the Unjury unflavored protein powder.  You can add it to just about anything...oatmeal, soup, even calorie free drinks.  It dissolves nicely and the patients that I used to work with really enjoyed it!
Above all, keep talking to people and talk to your surgeon's office - they want you to be successful!
Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Kim Brown
BLIS, Inc.
[email protected]

Most Active