Birthday and one year surgiversary

vixen_luv
on 8/27/09 5:12 pm - phoenix, AZ
Well today is my 40th Birthday and wow what a ride a year makes!!!!!  Last year at this time I weighed 469 pounds and couldn't walk nor stand for long periods of time.  I was in a size 34 bathing suit.

Today I weigh 238 pounds and am currently wearing a size 22/24 that is on the verge of being too big.

I went thru hell and back with this surgery, most of it of my own making unfortunely.  Strictures, atrophy of the legs, and a month in a nursing home to rehab the legs.  Not to mention the vitiman problems I have and the major hair loss from that. 

But last night I felt my hip bone and my ribs before that.  Would I change things if I could, hell yes, I would walk and get my protien and vitimans, but do I regret the surgery?  NEVER!!!!!!!  I feel that it has given me my life back and more time with my wonderful husband!

Thank you Dr. Schlesinger, you saved my life.  Now if I can only get all my crap together LOL.  I have probably been Dr. S's most frustrating patient!

My one year Surgiversary is September 2nd,  I feel like it's another birthday unto itself.   231 lbs GONE!  39 more lbs to the 100's!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Me!
Robin

JRinAZ
on 8/28/09 12:03 am - Layton, UT
On August 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM Pacific Time, vixen_luv wrote:
Well today is my 40th Birthday and wow what a ride a year makes!!!!!  Last year at this time I weighed 469 pounds and couldn't walk nor stand for long periods of time.  I was in a size 34 bathing suit.

Today I weigh 238 pounds and am currently wearing a size 22/24 that is on the verge of being too big.

I went thru hell and back with this surgery, most of it of my own making unfortunely.  Strictures, atrophy of the legs, and a month in a nursing home to rehab the legs.  Not to mention the vitiman problems I have and the major hair loss from that. 

But last night I felt my hip bone and my ribs before that.  Would I change things if I could, hell yes, I would walk and get my protien and vitimans, but do I regret the surgery?  NEVER!!!!!!!  I feel that it has given me my life back and more time with my wonderful husband!

Thank you Dr. Schlesinger, you saved my life.  Now if I can only get all my crap together LOL.  I have probably been Dr. S's most frustrating patient!

My one year Surgiversary is September 2nd,  I feel like it's another birthday unto itself.   231 lbs GONE!  39 more lbs to the 100's!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Me!
Robin

Happy Birthday Deeeeeeeer Robin!!!! 

Happy Birthday to you!!!!
Birthday Party Blower

Congrats on your AMAZING weight loss sweetie pie!!!  Woooo Hooooo!!!!

BTW, did you know that we have an online support group for Highly Malabsorptive procedures?  (Distal, ERny, & DS)....  It's [email protected]  It's a small group with the majority of folks being Dr. S patient's!

Hope you have a GREAT birthday!!!

Big Hugggzzzz!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

vixen_luv
on 8/28/09 1:59 am - phoenix, AZ
Thanks Joyce I will check out the group!
Deanne K.
on 8/28/09 9:53 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Robin,
Happy Birthday to you.

It's hard to believe that we are coming up on a year.  Your original surgery and my revision.  You have done a marvelous job girlfriend, and I am so proud of you.  Keep up the good work, you do deserve and you will reach the goal you want to.  You are close to Onederland, it won't be long. 

I think alot of us frustrate Dr. S.  We don't know everything that he sometimes thinks we should.  But that is what he is there for. 

Deanne
vixen_luv
on 8/28/09 3:03 pm - phoenix, AZ
Thanks Deanne, Happpy One year to you!

Robin
Most Active