I am new to the forum...

dflprdfan
on 8/14/09 12:58 pm
I was at school last night and mentioned to one of my classmates that I was working on getting the gastric bypass surgery in February. Unbeknownst to me, she told me she had the surgery in 2003 and couldn't be happier...then she told me about this website, so here I am!

My name is Lisa and I am married with 3 kids (16 boy, 10 boy, 9 girl) and I have been thinking about the surgery for quite some time now and just decided to go for it. Once I found out my insurance pays 100%, I took that as a sign that it was the right decision! (I just have to do the 6month weight loss first)

I met with my surgeon, the nutritionist and the did the psych eval last week as well as starte the 6-month medically-supervised program with my PCP, so I am on my way! I look forward to your storie and sharing mine along the way.

Peace, Lisa

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 8/14/09 1:34 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the board.  Stick around and you will learn so much from all the wonderful people on here.

Wendy 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Michele T.
on 8/14/09 1:53 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome Lisa!

There are awesome people here on the AZ board who will provide all the help they can along your journey.  I just moved from CA and have been so impressed with the support here!

You'll find valuable information, good advice, bad advice, friends, enemies and entertainment on the other boards.  OH has been a great help to me, I hope it is to you as well.

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 7:25 am - PHOENIX, AZ
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
I just started myself & I'm just trying everything at once some stuff I don't know yet but this is a good way of get'n  info. this is the first time in my life blogging or talking to people like this over the Internet.
so plz be patient.
 my name is margarita and I have 2 kids 9 boy & 5 girl 
JRinAZ
on 8/30/09 1:09 pm - Layton, UT
On August 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM Pacific Time, large_marge wrote:
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
I just started myself & I'm just trying everything at once some stuff I don't know yet but this is a good way of get'n  info. this is the first time in my life blogging or talking to people like this over the Internet.
so plz be patient.
 my name is margarita and I have 2 kids 9 boy & 5 girl 
Hiya Margarita!!! 

Welcome
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 12:20 pm, edited 8/30/09 12:25 pm
Nancy S.
on 8/30/09 12:20 pm - Mesa, AZ
Lisa,  WLS is very common now and covered by most insurance companies. Welcome!!!
I am having revision surgery on 9/8/09 and very excited!
xo Nancy

Most Active