im new

REININGCHICK
on 8/7/09 4:39 am - AZ
well i just got my call on monday and my surgery was approved. i started the process back on jan 16 2009. after all my testing and doctor visits im approved!!! aug 24th is my surgery date! cant wait!
im 29 5-7 and 315lbs. i cant wait to get this terrible weight off me.
i start the liquid diet on sunday. i know its going to be tuff but i dont care! i know i can do it.
btw how much broth can i drink for my liquid diet? before surgery
Nancy S.
on 8/7/09 8:27 am - Mesa, AZ
Congrats!!!!!!! i think you can drionk as much broth as you feel like in the two weeks liquids before surgery..it's up to your own tastes!

Betty S.
on 8/8/09 2:46 am - Mesa, AZ
Wonderful news!!!  Drink as much as you want....
the time is going to fly by!  Spend your 'hungry' time getting ready.  Clean out your closet of the large size winter clothes that you KNOW won't fit this year.
Go through your kitchen cupboards, start getting rid of the stuff that you won't use again....go shopping for post-op food and supplies, so you won't have to worry about it right after surgery.  Try different broths- they get boring fast.  Do you get to have protein shakes pre-op?  If so, now is the time to try different ones.  Buy sugar free popsicles...they will taste so good after surgery!  Rearrange your dishes, so the smaller ones are in reach, and the big plates out of the way- you won't need them for a long time.
It's a fun time, if you focus on this fun stuff and try not to think about the liquids- it's hard at first, but gets easier.  And it's SO important to do...it shrinks your liver, making surgery easier on you.
best of luck!
betty

Most Active