August support groups. C U there!

JRinAZ
on 8/3/09 2:18 pm - Layton, UT
 Support Group Information - (those who attend support groups are those who obtain their weight loss goals and maintain for a lifetime!)

Pick a group and pencil it in! 

Own your success!!

Protect your health!!

Celebrate your life!!

Pay it forward!! 

Tucson Area:

St. Joseph's also has one on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:30-8:30 at the St. Joseph's Auditorium.  All are welcome Dr. Blackstone Support Group in Tucson is the 1st Saturday of the month to be held at Sherton on Grant Road from 10:00-11:30.  The is for SBC patients only.

St. Joseph's is the last Saturday of the month at St. Joseph's Auditorium from 10:00-12:00 open to everyone.

Tucson NOAG is Last Thursday of the Month at 7:00 at UMC Rm. 5408, open to all. 

----

NorthWest meeting 7-8:30 PM each 3rd Monday of the month at the Northwest Medical Center Classrooms A-D 6200 N LaCholla Blvd. Classrooms are off the main lobby behind the cafeteria. New attendees in classroom D at 6:30 PM.

---- Eastside meeting 7-8:30 PM on the first Tuesday of each month at Evangelical Covenant Church, 551 N. Camino Seco, between Broadway and Speedway, on the West side of the street. As always new attendees will be at 6:30.

Phoenix Area:

**Chandler WLS Support

- 4th Tuesday at Chandler Regional Hospital, 6-7:30 pm  OPEN to ALL!  Peer Facilitated. Frye & Dobson. Enter from East Main entrance (by E.R.) and take elevator’s down to conference rooms 1 and 2

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chandler_WLSSupport/join  

Banner Gateway Support -

**1st and 2nd Tuesdays 6-7:30 and **3rd Weds 4:30  Professionally faciliated.  OPEN to ALL (room down from the cafeteria)

http://www.bannerhealth.com/_Bariatric/Bariatric+Center+Loca tions/Banner+Gateway_Bariatric_Center/Patient+Support/_Suppo rt+Groups.htm

**AZ Grads of WLS -

1st Tues, 5:30 at Bridges Centre, Phx St Luke's.  OPEN to ALL who are 1 year post-op,  Peer Facilitated: usually by Joyce or her hubby, Jim 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/JRinAZ_group/discussion/ 

Come to GRADS then stay for the general support mtg @ 6:30!

Bridges St Luke's in Phoenix

- 1st Tuesday at 6:30,  OPEN to ALL, Professionally facilitated

CLOSED/CANCELLED!!   Bridges at Mountain Vista - 2nd Weds, 6:00, OPEN to ALL,  Professionally facilitated.

Sun City - 
second Saturday of the month at 10;30 - noon. We meet in the Sun City room at the corner of 103rd & Coggins.  If you have any questions of comments, please email Ann or call  in the evenings at 623-249-4924.  

Paradise Valley Hospital Support Groups are now being held at Paradise Valley Hopsital. They are open to all patients and are topic driven. Healthcare providers will help facilitate the support groups. All are welcome and they are FREE of Charge. The same speaker/topic will be for both sessions. The topic will be approx 30 minutes with open support discussion following

When: 2nd Tuesday of the Month 6pm - 7:30pm Modular Classroom 3rd Saturday 11am-1pm Cafeteria Classroom

Where: 3929 E. Bell Road. Phoenix Corner of Bell Road and the 51

**WLS West Valley Support Group:

WLS West Valley is a support group that meets twice a month on the first and third Saturdays (July & August are 2nd and 4th Saturdays) of each month. It is a group designed for people who are pre-op or post-op for any kind of weight loss surgery.
The meetings are PEER FACILITATED, FREE, and will be held at Banner Estrella Hospital in the Conference Rooms located at 93rd Avenue and Thomas Road from 10:30 AM to Noon. The conference rooms are located just west of the main hospital entrance
We look forward to meeting you! 
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSWestValley/

**Dr. Schlesinger AND Dr. Simon's General support group

2nd Saturday of every month! from 1 to 2:30

ROOM 208 at Tempe St Luke’s 
(all welcome) 

**Doc’s: Schlesinger & Simon's:

Revision & HM Support Group:

the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6 to 7:30 pm,

Room 207) at Tempe ST Luke’s this is PEER FACILIATED, FREE and specifically for those who have had a Highly Malabsorptive procedure (ERny, DS or Revision to either of those). 

OPEN to ALL! (Wondering about a revision yourself?  This is a low key approach to getting some info from Peeps/Peers!) 

There are other support groups in these areas that are affiliated with Bariatric programs and are closed to guests unless you are attending with one of their patient’s specifically. They are great programs….

**And…there are other support groups spattered around the state outside of Tucson and Phoenix. For instance, check out: http://tricitywls.com/ This Prescott Valley group totally rocks! A fun day trip could include a trip to visit them. Get out of the heat, see their fun city, enjoy a dinner out and then join them for an evening of support! I’ve done that plan and LOVED it!

Questions?  (all groups listed above are FREE) **denotes groups I plan on attending! 

So, can I save you a seat?......

Shoot me a note at: 
[email protected] OR [email protected]

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

denise777
on 8/3/09 4:23 pm - Tucson, AZ
great info.........thanks
also, what is Tucson NOAG? I feel like I should know what that stands for, but I don't.
Thanks again,
Denise

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/4/09 1:05 am - Tucson, AZ
NOAG = Near or At Goal Support Group
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

denise777
on 8/4/09 10:39 am - Tucson, AZ
Becky,
Thanks for the reply. I see you are in Tucson....do you attend any of these support groups? Being new in Tucson, I'm looking for a good one to attend. Any hints? Thanks again,
Denise

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/6/09 12:54 am - Tucson, AZ

When I was just starting out I attended the TUSWLS Eastside group.  I no longer attend because they were just getting too large and it was really geared towards new people.  The NOAG group would be your best best if you want a support group in Tucson.  If you require more information you can email me privately.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active