Cold Turkey! PROTEIN!

JRinAZ
on 8/3/09 1:49 am - Layton, UT
Carb Monster BE GONE

Shooting for 200 grams of protein each day this week!!!  Anyone want to join me???

This morning:
7 - 1 Protein drink
8 - sausage, egg & cr cheese (some fats for satiety)

The rest of the day plan:

10 - protein drink
11 - 3 to 4 oz of lean protein

1 - protein drink
2 - 3 to 4 oz of lean protein

5 - protein drink
6 - lean protein, low glycemic veggies

8- protein drink
10 - lean protein

Protein drink totals:  150 grams
Protein from food:  100 grams (or higher)

My Goal:  Trim 5 pounds, boost my energy and health!  GET CONTROL back from the CARB MONSTER!!!!

I'm going to be obnoxiously posting my details daily until I've met my goals!!!  Feel free to jump in on the thread and keep yourself accountable!!!!  We could weigh in at support groups if you'd like?!

Wish me luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nancy S.
on 8/3/09 10:49 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, arn't you already at or below goal weight? have you regained some since your ERny loss? I am just wondering why you are being so strict with yourself? xo Nancy s

JRinAZ
on 8/3/09 1:59 pm - Layton, UT
On August 3, 2009 at 5:49 PM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
Joyce, arn't you already at or below goal weight? have you regained some since your ERny loss? I am just wondering why you are being so strict with yourself? xo Nancy s
Hiya Nancy!

I learned from my 1st  WLS (proxy Rny) that our tools need some help or we'll  have some regain issues!   LOL!

I am at goal BUT.....I want to stay that way soooooo.......I'm having a few days of "reigning it in" .....AND, the more protein grams I get; the perkier I feel.  My plate is always overflowing so it's important for me to be at the top of my energy game!

Want to join me?

Joyce 

Nancy S.
on 8/3/09 11:31 pm - Mesa, AZ
I'm in the "have two extra protein drinks a day"  stage, orders from Andi the nutritionist. I will be starting my two week liquids real soon and I'll jump on the protein train with ya then for sure!

I have actually lost about 13 lbs since this journey FIRST began since i don't feel the need for the "100 last meals" like i did the first time.

This time I am going to work with the tool , not against it or try to out think it. Every new food that I used to love that doesn't appeal  or set well with me after the surgery, I plan to celebrate, not mourn.

I am also going to start seeing a therapist who specializes in eating disorders to help me along the way, sometimes it's the tool that fails but i believe for me it was my own food issues that made me fail and if i don't correct them in my head, the body won't follow.

I had alot of trauma in my early life and gained weight as a form of protection from the outside world,  it's something i don't need any longer but the tapes still play in my head to some degree.

Oddly enough, my father passed away about 6 months ago and the family was looking through all the old pictures he had to divvie them up and i looked at pictures of myself in early grade school (now with an adult eye) and i was not FAT.

I remember thinking i was horribly fat back then, i don't know if a kid said something to or my mom commented about clothes being tight or what but i believed i was fat and it became a self fulfilling profecy. Intresting, huh?  ok done rambling...... happy protein!!!! xo nancy

JRinAZ
on 8/4/09 1:31 am - Layton, UT
Nancy!  You CAN do it!!!!  You've got a GREAT attitude and a recipe for success!
Cheerleader Toss 2

Give me a P!  ..............................................

Gooooooooooooo PROTEIN!!!!  Hula hoop 2

C U at a support group this week?
Dr. Schlesinger's on Saturday, right?
Joyce 

Nancy S.
on 8/4/09 1:57 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, list the support groups and times again for me please! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX Nancy

JRinAZ
on 8/4/09 3:21 am - Layton, UT
On August 4, 2009 at 8:57 AM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
Joyce, list the support groups and times again for me please! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX Nancy
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/3993071/August-support- groups-C-U-there/
Joyce 

nabong
on 8/19/09 10:00 am - Glendale, AZ
On August 4, 2009 at 6:31 AM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
I'm in the "have two extra protein drinks a day"  stage, orders from Andi the nutritionist. I will be starting my two week liquids real soon and I'll jump on the protein train with ya then for sure!

I have actually lost about 13 lbs since this journey FIRST began since i don't feel the need for the "100 last meals" like i did the first time.

This time I am going to work with the tool , not against it or try to out think it. Every new food that I used to love that doesn't appeal  or set well with me after the surgery, I plan to celebrate, not mourn.

I am also going to start seeing a therapist who specializes in eating disorders to help me along the way, sometimes it's the tool that fails but i believe for me it was my own food issues that made me fail and if i don't correct them in my head, the body won't follow.

I had alot of trauma in my early life and gained weight as a form of protection from the outside world,  it's something i don't need any longer but the tapes still play in my head to some degree.

Oddly enough, my father passed away about 6 months ago and the family was looking through all the old pictures he had to divvie them up and i looked at pictures of myself in early grade school (now with an adult eye) and i was not FAT.

I remember thinking i was horribly fat back then, i don't know if a kid said something to or my mom commented about clothes being tight or what but i believed i was fat and it became a self fulfilling profecy. Intresting, huh?  ok done rambling...... happy protein!!!! xo nancy
Nancy,

Would you let me know if you find a weight issue counceler? I too am suffering from self fullfilling prophecies and need help.

Thanks.

Nanci
Nanci

Nancy S.
on 8/19/09 10:24 am - Mesa, AZ
Nanci,
Happy to help, I don't know what insurance coverage you have for behavioral care but the following Drs and Therapists specialize in OCD, anxiety and body image eating disorders.

Daniel Sutton
James McLoone
John Sciali
Mark Treegoob
Katherine Doyle
Mike Zatkowsky
Drake Duane
Erica DeNorscia

They are all over the valley, check your provider directory for one close to you that's covered under your insurance. You can also google the individual names for more info .

My revision will be my THIRD bariactric surgery in 20 years so I KNOW I need to have some emotional counseling along the way. I also know I will succeed because my eyes are wide open, I know what to expect and plan to be completely compliant but my biggest adversary is my own old thinking and images of who and what I am.
I wish you the very best !
xo Nancy

Most Active