Got on the scale this morning....

Chris S.
on 7/24/09 5:46 am - Tempe, AZ
100 pounds GONE FOREVER!

I am a just over 4 months out and can't believe I have hit the 100 pound lost mark. 

I am so excited!!  Can't wait for the next 100 to go away. 
JRinAZ
on 7/24/09 6:16 am - Layton, UT
On July 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, Chris S. wrote:
100 pounds GONE FOREVER!

I am a just over 4 months out and can't believe I have hit the 100 pound lost mark. 

I am so excited!!  Can't wait for the next 100 to go away. 
R U kidding me?  4 months = 100 pounds!!!!

Holy Moly Miss Chris.....you are smokin!!!!

Weigh 2 go!!!  High Fives!  Dancin in Chandler for you!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Chris S.
on 7/24/09 6:54 am - Tempe, AZ
Thank you Joyce.

My biggest fear is the honeymoon period will be over before I reach the next 100.  BUT I am just going to keep plugging along and hopefully I can loose another 100 in the next 4 months.  That would be a very nice Christmas Present for me.

dbuckeye
on 7/24/09 8:09 am - Sun City, AZ
Congratulations Chris,  You are doing wonderful.  Keep it going.

Debbie
Ann M.
on 7/25/09 5:51 am - Peoria, AZ
Way to go Chris.  You're doing so well.  I knew you could do it.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Linda S.
on 7/25/09 4:00 pm, edited 7/25/09 4:01 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Congrats! Dr. Fang says there is not a honeymoon period,did Dr. Juarez say there was?
He says it works as long as you work it.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

tochatty
on 7/26/09 1:13 am - Scottsdale, AZ
That is amazing, great job!!! 

You are obviously doing something right!!!

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Nan2008
on 7/26/09 7:44 am - Midland, MI
Oh my gosh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!   You must feel great!  Way to go girl, it sounds like you are doing so well!  I am down 87.5.....I'm almost to the 100 lb mark!

I just wanted to say HI and congratulations!!!!!!  Seems like just yesterday we worried about getting approved and having surgery!!

Take care and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Chris S.
on 7/26/09 8:10 am - Tempe, AZ
Hey Nan..

You are doing awesome yourself.  It does seem like just yesterday we were worried about all this.  How time flies!

Good to hear from you and can't wait to hear your progress

Chris
Howdyholly
on 8/1/09 6:26 pm
Hello all,

I don't know if I am doing this correctly, but I wanted to give a shout out to a wonderful surgeon.  Dr. Bradford Doxey did my Gastric Bypass in Virginia (Chesapeake) on July 28th 1999.   I lost over 140 lbs and thanks to his wonderful advice, I have kept it off for 10 years now.  I CAN"T WAIT FOR MY HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!!!!  Thank you Dr. Doxey, you saved my life and made it worth living!  
      I knew something had to change in 1999, when I took my nephews to Universal Studios grand opening of the new park.  We stood in line to ride in the front seat of the incredible hulk roller coaster, but when I got there, I couldn't fit in the seat.  The guy said, "You need to get in the fat seat...aisle 5."  My nephews did not understand what was going on, but half the people in the crowd did and a few teenaged guys were saying some really mean things, to each other, but loud enough for me to hear... as if the fat were blocking my ears and my potential for hurt feelings.  Anyhow, I got to "the fat seat" and I barely fit into it.  The ride operator said no, but I pretty muched begged him to help me.  He and another guy came and shoved on the bar until it finally locked, but I could barely breath for the whole ride.  I had been big my whole life, but after that, I knew something had to change.
     People can be mean, I was always the fat friend that held the purses while her skinny friends danced.  All their boyfriends would tell me "if so and so only had your personality, or you had their body..."  I Loved that one... Mt all time favorite was "You have such a pretty face, if you would only loose some weight."  He actually thought that was a compliment!!!  Good grief!
     Now, when I walk past a group of giggling girls, I assume that they just heard something funny, but before, I always assumed they were laughing at me.  People hold doors for me, and you would not believe how much nicer people treat me... It's odd really, I am still the same person. 
     I can also go to the doctor now and have them actually listen to me.  Before, if I went to the Doctor with a flaming stick in my eye, the Doctor would say, "well if you didn't weigh so much, that flaming stick would not have hit your eye..." AAARGH!!!  Dr. Doxey was very kind and was one of the first Doc's that ever listened to me.  He is a great man, and if I had to do it all over again, I would only change one thing, I would have had it sooner!  Thanks Doc! 

-Holly Emerson
Most Active