3 Year Journey --- still not there - but close

ginau
on 7/18/09 1:44 am - mesa, AZ
  O.H. sent me an anniversary greeting today. 

It was 3yrs ago today that  I underwent my original RNY at Scottsdale Shea.  at 425 lbs.   I dropped 125 lbs in the next 13 months , struggled  with  gaining 15lbs over the next 6 months . 

Just over a yr ago I had my surgical revision with Dr S. I have lost another 65 lbs  and continue to loose .. last month I dropped 10 lbs .. and today I weighed and down another 2lbs.

While I am not at my personal goal weight yet. I feel I am pretty darn close .. a mere 50 lbs - I can do this !!

The moral of my story ..... 
 It takes time !  Dont give up !
 Face your demons. ( sugar, carbs )
 keep  going to support groups - they do help!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nancy S.
on 7/18/09 8:04 am - Mesa, AZ
Jeanna, Congrats!!!! one question, did your insurance cover your revision with Dr. S?xo nancy

ginau
on 7/18/09 9:57 am - mesa, AZ
Yes  Aetna did ..   I went online and reviewed their criteria ... per policy.  and I was  just outside of it .  I did get denied 1st time and appealed.  Once it got to the underwriter I got my approval

from reviewing other Ins comp policy's - I have noticed they have 1. Time frame  ( 2 yrs ) and 2.  % of excess weight that was / was not lost  that they want to know  to make the decission

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Brende347
on 7/20/09 10:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
i want to clarify that statement.  You must be postop 2 years from the original surgery?
You need to have lost 2% of excess body weight or  your excess body weight that you  still have 2 years postop must be at least 2% above healthy weight.
If you still have 2% or more excess  weight to loose then the insurance will consider aproving revision?
I realize that different insurances are different I was just wondering about general guidelines
  I still have  a hundred pounds to loose and my surgery was in december 2007 (not quite 2 years) think I should start trying to qualify now of will it automatically get turned down because of the time frame.

ginau
on 7/20/09 11:29 am - mesa, AZ
Brenda 

That was Aetna's criteria at the time. Less than 50 % of excess weight loss. and   at least 2 years from original surgery.

I have no clue what their current  criteria is. as you  know every ins comp is differant  as is every policy.

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Michele T.
on 7/19/09 2:06 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Jeanna,

Congrats on your Surgeriversary!  You've accomplished so much and look terrific!

I was so nice to meet you again Thursday!  I really enjoyed the HM group and dinner was fun!

See you again soon!

Michele
huskerfan85
on 7/20/09 2:11 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Hey girl..CONGRATS on fighting the good fight.  So often when we do not see immediate success we give up.  I knew when I met you that you were not one of those kind of people, you were and are a fighter.  Keep working hard and you will achieve your goals. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet you.
Gayle  6'2" 

tochatty
on 7/26/09 4:24 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Congratulations!!!!

I totally agree with you 100%.  My original surgery was 9 years ago and currently under going the process of revision.  I hope by my 10 year (original) surgery anniverisary I can be a new place in my life and close to my goal. 

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Most Active