One year and a day!

RayM
on 7/15/09 8:24 am - Surprise, AZ
Well today is one year and a day since my RNY.  A lot has happen since then and not all good.  My mom passed on Feb 22 and since then I have been having a very hard time with life.  As much as I try I just can not seem to get pass it.  Her passing was SO hard on me.  She was big reason I did the surgery in the first place.  I wanted to spent more time with her and it did not work out as I had planned.

My health is so much better.  I get around more and just feel better health wise which is great.  Inside I just have a hard time.  One thing I know if it was not for my wife and little girl and my nephew Ryan I would have not had it.  I am SO THANKFUL for them!

I have lost about 120lbs since the start of this but over the last 4-6 months I have been stuck at 270ish.  I do not change much from there but I would like to get down more.  I would love 220.

I still do not get what I knew as hunger.  I do not think I am eating more than I should since I am not gaining but would still like to drop down more.

I have not had any labs done which I know I need but again so much has happened other than my mom passing and time just seems to pass by.  We are going to Yellowstone at the end of July for vacation and spead my moms ashes.  When I get home first week in August I will get into the doctors office.

Thanks.
dbuckeye
on 7/15/09 9:52 am - Sun City, AZ
CONGTATS ON YOUR 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY.  HOPE YOU THINGS GO BETTER FOR YOU FROM NOW ON.  WHEN THINGS GET ROUGH GO OVER AND GIVE THAT LITTLE ONE A BIG HUG.

DEBBIE
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/15/09 11:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations Ray. After reading your post I come away with this:  Maybe your mom felt that you would now be able to live life to the fullest after your surgery and she was comfortable with leaving you.  She will always be with you; just remember that and go on with your life.  She would want you to do that.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 7/16/09 4:14 am - Layton, UT
Congrats on your Surgiversary Ray!  AND Weigh 2 go with the weight loss!

Embrace the good stuff and learn from the trials.  Your Mom is at the goal post cheering you on Dude!  Be grateful for the amazing gift this 2nd chance at life is for you and be the best Daddy,  hubby and human being that you can be to honor not only your Mom but yourself!

YOU deserve an amazing life!  Jump in with both feet and ENJOY!!!!

Need extra encouragement?  Attend a support group, o.k.
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

RayM
on 7/16/09 9:05 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks all for the kind words.  I wish I could just move on.  I am trying but it's so hard.  I never thought it would be this hard nor did I think I would lose my mom at 65.  I miss her dearly. 

I am kinda looking foward to the trip but not speading her ashes and saying goodbye.  I know deep down inside she would like this but it's going to be a very hard thing for me to do.
Gena L.
on 7/18/09 1:22 pm - Sun City, AZ
Ray you and I have walked in the same shadow.  Now it is time to let them go (I lost my father and it nearly killed me too)  But your mother  and my father were both very proud of us and we need to finish this journey for THEM. I badly need my support group, it has been a long time, Meet me at our next support group meeting in Aug. Let's do this for them and for us!

Gena

Ann M.
on 7/19/09 10:10 am - Peoria, AZ
Congratulations on the one year Ray and the weight loss.  Everyone including your mom was so proud of ;you and now you need to keep going.  She did enjoy coming to the support group and I think she would want you to go on doing what you need to do to keep getting healthy.  You need to get those labs done and get to the doctor as well as coming back to a support group.  We do miss you and home you'll come back and see us soon.  Have a good time on your trip and enjoy the time with your little one.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active