Slapping Myself!!

JRinAZ
on 7/13/09 11:35 am - Layton, UT
I have been so sloppy with my Health lately.  I've eaten crap.  I've rationalized away my exercise routine.  I've missed a few handfuls of very important vitamins.  I've been buying flavored waters and not getting in enough water/liquids.  Oh yeah!  I"m definitely a bum and I need to get back into focus!

So here's my plan for this week:

1.  Attend support groups (I'll be at the 4:30 Weds group at Banner Gateway AND the DS & ERny group at 6 on Thursday @ Tempe St Luke's room 207).

2.  I'm doing like a 2 day pre-op type diet Tues and Weds of protein drinks and grilled chicken and fish.

3.  I'm having straigh****er and at least 64 oz or more each day.

4.  I'm going to put on some tunes and dance for an hour in my pool since I'm too lazy to go to the gym these days.

5.  I'm going to organize all of my vites in daily pill ziplocs so I can pop one in my purse if I head out the door.

6.  I'm going to buy all I need so I can do the 5 day pouch test next week.  (Anyone want to join me?  I really need a 5dpt buddy!!!!)

Anyone else have some goals?  Baby steps right?  Tackle one thing at a time!!!

Who will I see at support groups this week???

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Betty S.
on 7/14/09 4:20 am - Mesa, AZ
that's right....get back on the horse!  But are you going a bit overboard?  You slacked off, now just do what you need to...unless you were planning on doing the pouch test. 

Brende347
on 7/15/09 4:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
Joyce,
I also have a similar plan this week
I am planning on attending the Thursday meeting at St Lukes 
I just bought more protein packets to increase my protein
I have been drinking more water just bought another case
and riding my excercise bike  while watching TV ( better than just sitting there)
I dont know what is the 5 day pouch test is?

motorhomemama
on 7/17/09 12:49 am - Okotoks, Canada
Will you quit with the slapping yourself stuff please???  Yopu are one off the strongest people I have met and even you are entitled to a lapse once in a while....but not a collapse!!!!

You sound as though you are getting back at it , but I agree that you might be a little too hard on yourself there.  I would do the pouch test with you as I am still really struggling to get it together, you just have to tell me what the pouch test is!!!!

I had my birthday yesterday and went hog-wild and ate way too much and all the wrong stuff at my party so I am really a primce candidate to get back on track too.

Love you and see you in Novenber.
Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
JRinAZ
on 7/17/09 2:25 am - Layton, UT
You sweet adorable Canadian girlfriend! 

....running out the door to the airport but will catch up with you next week so we can buddy up on some healthy back on track stuff!

LOVE your home right now!  We are 112 today and 115 tomorrow! 

BTW, Happy late birthday! 
Joyce 

Linda S.
on 7/20/09 2:29 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

Hey you!! I was just talking to vitalady about you!! You are not allowed to slap yourself!!
You rock!!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

JRinAZ
on 7/20/09 3:33 pm - Layton, UT
On July 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM Pacific Time, Linda S. wrote:

Hey you!! I was just talking to vitalady about you!! You are not allowed to slap yourself!!
You rock!!

Hey there itty bitty gorgeous girlfriend!

Whazzup with you??!!!  .....  And...as for Vitalady!  .....  She's just talkin nice about me cuz I'm going to help her at the Seattle O.H. event for free!  LOL!  She'd BETTER talk nice a bout me, right??!!

Soooo...how about an update on YOU????

.....BTW, I'm done slapping myself.  I have trimmed off 5 of the 8 out of control pounds so I'm going to just keep on course for lean and healthy and let the last few melt off an ounce at a time!!!

Good to see your face on the boards posting.  I'll be watchikng for your update
Joyce 

Linda S.
on 7/21/09 6:16 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
LOL! You are so vibrant! I am on the board everyday,OH saved my life! I hang out with the "old folk",the Over Fifty Forum,I run a great daily thread,"What we are eating,and What's eating us".
I am still getting the body re-threaded,going in for a knee replacement...smile.
You have no reason to ever slap yourself,I am glad you are being gentle with yourself. Your honesty with yourself,plus the beauty of WLS will keep you going,and your darn energy girl!! You need to bottle it!
Vitalady really likes you,you know that. Take care,and keep being you!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Most Active