MIA

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/11/09 1:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Sorry that I have been MIA for the last two weeks or so.  We went on vacation to Ohio for a family reunion. Froze; it was 64 degrees on the 4th of July!!!!!   Had a great time and didn't gain any weight!!!!!  I am looking at the photos that we got back yesterday and in my minds eye I still look fat.  Do we ever stop feeling this way????? 

I met up with an old friend that I connected with on facebook.  We had not seen each other for over 35 years.  It was great and too short a visit.  We plan on meeting up again next summer at our "40th" class reunion.  Went to eat at an Amish Restaurant, saw a hot air balloon fest and moonglow, 4th of July Fireworks, Amish Market, and up to Lake Erie for the Day besides the family reunion and visiting with aunts_Cousins_etc.  Visited the National Museum of the Air Force on the return home.  36 hours on the road took a tole on me, but I survived.

Looks like I missed a lot here on the message board.  Gina, did you have PS??????
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

ginau
on 7/11/09 5:24 am - mesa, AZ
Becky

Sounds like a wonderful trip.. Next time I wanna go!  I miss the Midwest . Lake erie -- oh the memories of growing up.

No I didnt have plastics -- I got to have a hernia repaired - Lucky Me   and Lucky Dr S  he got to do it. He also cleaned up some other stuff left over from the hysterectomy. Luckily I am out of school this week and go back Monday - Only 2 more months till my extern and being done!!  then I can find a job and start saving for Dr M's plastics job.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 7/11/09 2:08 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Miss jeanna! 

You make it home o.k. today?  That support group was like a sauna!  I didn't have any hand grenades hanging out of my surgery incision and I was STILL bout ready to pass out!!!

It was a good group of folks and always a pleasure to see Dr. Schlesinger!  It's pretty amazing to me that he attends his own support groups!

So, which day are we going to try out our gluten free Italian restaurant this week????  I'll buy your late birthday lunch and you can buy my late birthday lunch!!! 

Hey!  Speaking of Dr. M.....don't forget to watch him on the TLC Documentary tomorrow at 5 (AZ time)!  Pretty impressive story :)  He did the nip and tuck work for the very amazing David Smith!!!  (lost over 400 lbs!!!)

TTYL,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 7/11/09 2:46 pm - mesa, AZ

Joyce 

Yes it was ..  and I did !  My ice pack saved me. 3332q1 

I cant wait to get rid of the grenade - looking red and inflamed. might try and  epsom salt compress it this week-end. and then go in and have him look at it. 

I cant wait to watch it, I have a couple friends  who will "Tune in"  also.  I hope they show Dr M as well ?? 

I start a new class on Monday and get out by 12:15 or 11:45 on Friday .. Where is the G.F. place? 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 7/12/09 3:03 am - Layton, UT
Where's the weight tracker?  On O.H.?

YES Dr. Mazaheri has a piece in David's weight loss journey as his Plastic surgeon......I'm not sure if they show part of his sugery or not?  We don't know what piece of the thousands of footage will be used.

We'll have to do a raincheck for lunch at Picazzo's (gluten free).  I'll be taking off to San Francisco/Sacramento on Fri morning!  (only in the 70's there!!!!)

Soooooo throw another ice pack on your owie....soak it in salt and get better!

High protein week for your healing and to jumpstart your 50 lb loss????  I'll do it with!!!  .... 
Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 7/11/09 2:02 pm - Layton, UT
Hiya goregeous!  You have been missed!

Hubby and I were  back in the same neck of the woods as you were on the 4 th!  We were in St Louis on the 4th but roaming between Iowa and Illinois for the 4 days before that.  We enjoyed the sweatshirt evenings!!!

Glad you had a good time sweetie pie!  .... So, what's up with you thinkin you're still FAT (gasp...the F word!!!)  ....  You need a little support group therapy so we can all give you the REAL deal about how lovely, curvey and "little" you are!!!

Big Hugggzzzz!
Joyce 

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/11/09 2:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
We left the St Louis area on the 2nd for Ohio.  I loved the weather even though I was freezing.

I do miss all my support group friends up north!!!!!  Hope to see you all soon.  Didn't you say something about coming down for some "Buddy's Grill"??????

We have a wedding to go to on 18 Sep in Phoenix.  I also have a followup with Dr. J that day.  I also want to call Dr.G's office about this numbness in my arms.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active