Hello Arizona!

Michele T.
on 7/8/09 2:05 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
The last two weeks have been some of the most hectic of my life!  I moved from Ladera Ranch CA (South OC) to Scottsdale.  My son Robert and I are living in Legend Trail, a community at the end of Pima on the Carefree border.  I hate moving in general, but it's so much worse when you move so far. 

A little background.  Until now, I've lived in CA all my life.  I grew up in San Bernardino, went to San Francisco (USF) for college and stayed until Robert was born.  We then moved to OC to be closer to family.  I'm a widow and just have the one son.  Earlier this year I semi-retired (was laid-off) from AT&T.  It seemed like a good time to make a move, so here we are.  Now I just need to get a job!

I had a very proximal RNY in August 05.  I went from 315 to 215 in 18 months.  Slowly I've gained 25 lbs.  I first saw Dr. Schlesinger in April and have decided to get an ERNY as soon as I get insurance approval.  I saw the cardiologist yesterday, he wants a stress test and an Echo.  It seems like this is taking forever, I'm very impatient!

I met several of you at the Make It a Lifestyle seminar in April.  I hope to see you again at the Support groups.

Meanwhile I have an question.  I've always had a problem drinking enough water.  I had to force myself and I know I never got 64 oz in.  That's not a problem since I arrived here!  I drink all the time.  BUT I'm thirsty after I eat!  I never drank after a meal before.  Does it go away once you get acclimated?  Or is it something that's an issue for all of you?  Any suggestions?

Michele
JRinAZ
on 7/9/09 12:41 am - Layton, UT
Hey Michele!
Welcome!  I"m so glad you've landed safely in our desert heat!!!  Yikes!  WATER WATER WATEAR is a biggie for sure.  ....  Can I suggest that you waterload BEFORE you eat?  And, if through your little nutritional intake, you may need something to choke it down then do a mini sip or just an ice chip.  I'd like to say that those of us who have suffered through these summers get used to it but I guess that more of us than NOT are thirsty with our meals too!  ...Do your best.  After your revision, it won't be quite as critical for quite a while.  In fact, I had to reverse the rules of the pouch after my revision with Doc Schlesinger so that I wouldn't lose too quickly and then so that I'd stop losing.  Now i'm back to the rules of water and doing just fine.

Hey....wanted to talk to you.  Are you going to Dr. Schlesinger's support group on Saturday?

My mobile is 480.814.7466
[email protected] (or my home email is [email protected])

No biggie.  I'll shoot you a private email later today, K?

Drink drink drink today!  i'ts going to be HOT!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nancy S.
on 7/9/09 2:42 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, I am pre-op rny revision TO erny, currently in appeal with insurance for Dr. S. can you tell me about the support meeting this saturday with him, and if i could come? I have never met him but dr. Fang is referring me to him.Thanks nancy
Most Active