Under 200 for the first time in 15 yrs

PatAZ
on 6/23/09 5:13 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Two day short of 4 months and I have gone under 200 pounds. I'm also down from a 46 waist to a comfy 36 and a few 34's. Down from 3xl shirts to large. Man It feels great. The last two months have been hard. I have been having alot of trouble keeping food down. After 6 trips to the ER, 5 CT scans, 2 upper GI, two stoma strechings I hag a ultrasound to find my gallbladder is full of sludge. I will be having it out next Monday the 29th. Hoping all will change food wise. Then lose the last 30 pounds to make my goal. And most of all be able to eat meat again. It has been very hard giving up meat. Sugar, sweets, chips and all the other no no have been easy. But I sure do miss MEAT..... I know I don't post much but I do read this site everyday, so a big THANK YOU goes out to everyone

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
           292/279/148/169
JRinAZ
on 6/24/09 1:57 am - Layton, UT
Absolutely Amazing Pat!!!!

No meat???  Cuz of the strictures??  How are you getting your protein in?  Drinks/Shakes?

Congrats to you!  Wow!

LOSER'S ROCK!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

PatAZ
on 6/24/09 2:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
No meat because of gallbadder. I use protien drinks and eat soy products. Veagn but not by choice.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
           292/279/148/169
JRinAZ
on 6/24/09 2:23 am - Layton, UT
On June 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM Pacific Time, PatAZ wrote:
No meat because of gallbadder. I use protien drinks and eat soy products. Veagn but not by choice.
Ahhhhhh, I see!  ......  forced into a healthy new lifestyle eh?  Well, I'd say you got more for your money than the rest of us!!!  LOL!

BBQ after the gallbladder's gone bye bye???!!!!

Probably need to introduce it back slowly into your system, right?  My hubby is 6 1/2 years post-op and still isn't friends with poultry.  He sticks with fish and beef and has to watch it carefully or he's off to the Men's room!

I"m proud to say that I eat mostly like my ancestor's the Cave Women!  Meat, meat, and more meat!  ......throw in a few tastey protein drinks and as Rachael Ray would say "that folks;  is what's for dinner!"

good luck with your journey and get yourself public on here more often!!!!  We love hearing from our "manly" population!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

K_ristine
on 6/24/09 9:52 am - CampVerde, AZ
Congratulations!!!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wghXRRc/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wghXRRc/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Christine 
Most Active