Quesion for revision Dr S patients?

tochatty
on 6/23/09 2:56 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everyone,

I have a question for you - I was given paperwork by the nutritonist that I have to do a liquid protein diet for two weeks before surgery for my revision.  I have not been approved yet for my surgery, I still have to go for my Psych evaluation but I was just wondering how many of you actually complied with this order prior to your surgery?

I thought about trying it now just to make sure I can compliant to the guidelines after surgery.  I mean this for me is a even riskier step then the original surgery, and so I dont want to mess one thing up. 

Joyce - sorry I could not make it down to Chandler today for the support group, by the time I got home from work it was after 530pm and I live in N. Scottsdale I knew by the time I got ready and got in my car to get down there I would be super late.  Hopefully soon I can make it to one of the groups.

Thank you everyone!

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/09 11:58 pm - Phx, AZ
I had to go thru it... I didn't have Dr. S for my RNY, but for my ERNY...had to go thru the test for the RNY tho.  It's not hard...just like 400+ questions, and it seemed (to me) that a number of questions were asked more than once, but in a different way...I thought at least...they were out to trick me!  :)  And I PASSED...so I suppose I was not as mental as I had thought!  :o

It's just one of the hoops you need to go thru to get from point A to B.

Hope it helped...

Lizzie
JRinAZ
on 6/24/09 1:54 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Jennifer!
That 2 week pre-surgery protein feast is such a fantastic thing for a safer surgery!  Doing it now as a trial run?  Hmmmm!  I wouldn't!!!  Maybe do some low carbing and protein counting as a true test of post-Revision life.  How about some days of "under 20 carbs" and over 150 grams of protein?  You'll lose weight AND pump up your protein for better post- surgery healing!  Low carbing is the true lifetime lifestyle for those of us with ERny's!  I didn't have to do 2 weeks of liquid protein but I did do one week of straight protein.  Dr. S let me have chicken and fish.  He usually tailers the diet to each of our personal needs.

No worries about missing hte Chandler meeting.  It was "summertime small" but we had a GREAT discussion!  We had 4 lapbanders and 2 Rny's and 1 who is on deck for Rny!  We talked about clothing during hte losing phases and styles that look best on each of us.  .... how to find a great bra and about the loose skin that we need to tuck into our clothes at certain "areas"!!!  We talked about our individual struggles and got great suggestions from one another!

After hitting some HUGE support groups this month, it was so nice to have a couple of small groups where we could really really share with one another.

Next week is kind of weird cuz there aren't any support groups.  So I'm going to  create my own!  LOL!  I'm going to meet some peeps for lunches and suppers.  Want to join us???

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 6/24/09 12:19 pm - mesa, AZ
Jenn

My psych eval was with Dr Kloss in Scottsdale - close to your house - It was a nice sit down and  chit chat session -- no long test to take.

I believe its more of a protein diet and not strictly liquid. ya might wanna  recheck on that.  It really does help..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

tochatty
on 6/24/09 1:45 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Gina,

Wow that would be great to find someone close to me, do you happen to have Dr Kloss's phone number, I am going to see if she takes my insurance carrier and give her a call.  The other place I was trying to schedule at is central phoenix and I would have to leave so early at work to get there things just havent been working out.

Open RNY 07/2000
Seeking Revision GBS

ginau
on 6/25/09 2:22 am - mesa, AZ
 Hey Jenn

Dr Schlesinger has it.  Who is your ins carrier?  mine was Aetna at the time.  And Jennie B at the office has a list of shrinks  to choose from.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Michele T.
on 6/25/09 2:08 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Jennifer,

It sounds like you and I are in almost the same place.  I've had my psych, but need to get my cardiac and pulmonary done before the Dr. S's office will submit to my insurance.  I'm so tired right now I can't remember her name.

Saturday I'm moving to North Scottsdale-- Legend Trails.  Is that anywhere near you?  Once I get settled maybe we can get together.

Michele
tochatty
on 6/26/09 1:01 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome to Arizona,

I'm not sure where legend trails is, do you know the cross streets or close too?  I live in North Scottsdale as well, near the 101 loop and Frank Lloyd Wright. 

Yeah I have already met with the nutritionist, need to still have my psych eval done and I have all my medical records and then hopefully Dr S will submit to my insurance. 

Let me know when you are town and we can get together to chat. 

Open RNY 07/2000
Seeking Revision GBS

Nancy W.
on 6/25/09 3:14 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 04/13/09 with
Hi there -

I am 10 weeks post-op RNY and had to follow the two weeks of clear liquids. It was definately tough but it did reduce my spleen for surgery, which made it safer. The worst time for me was the first weekend, as I really had a pity party for myself. Just find whatever tastes good and focus on the rewards.

I am down 60# and off most of my medications, which was my goal. Good luck. You can do it!

Nancy
Most Active