Need help post op

Sheryl Tilley
on 6/22/09 1:29 pm - Prescott, AZ
Had surgery in 2005.  Have gained back about 40 pounds.
What should I eat to get the weight back off?
Please help.
Sheryl
Sheryl Tilley - 380/204/160 - October 28th, 2005 -  Thank you God; my handsome PCP Dr. Rejiv Jetley in Prescott Valley, Arizona; my knowledgeable and talented surgeon Dr. Hilario Juarez in Phoenix, Arizona; and all my wonderful and amazing friends on this website that got me to this point.  You all saved my life.    
JRinAZ
on 6/23/09 4:16 am - Layton, UT
On June 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM Pacific Time, Sheryl Tilley wrote:
Had surgery in 2005.  Have gained back about 40 pounds.
What should I eat to get the weight back off?
Please help.
Sheryl
Hi there Miss Sheryl!
I've missed your posts and wondered what you'd been up to!

Bounce back is almost a guarantee (usually 10 to 20 pounds) for most post-ops but beyond that is in the "regain" category.  It's rough!  We go through a major lifechanging surgery and commitment and freak when pounds come back on.

It sounds like you've got yourself lined up to have Dr. Juarez take a peak and give you some hellp.  that's good!  .....  In the meantime, the best food plan is probably just the basics:  Low Carb & high protein.  Check out Atkins, or Southbeach....

I had a revision with Dr. Schlesinger and live pretty much ****asional BAD choices) low carb as well as gluten free.  I try to keep my daily NET carb count under 60 for a day.  When I"m trying to really lose then I try to keep the carbs under 20 and the proteins over 200.

Good luck and let us know how we can support you!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active