cost of self pay revision rny to DS?

Nancy S.
on 6/17/09 10:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello, 20 years ago I had a gastric stabling. 10 years later after weight regain I had a RNY revision. Now , at 220 and 5'3, I am seeing Dr Fang about getting a revision to a DS and he did an endoscope last week and told me my pouch is fine, even though I can eat like a regular person? but I have severe GERD due to one of the limbs of the intestines being only 44cm intead of the usual 100-150 cc.
I am guessing he will do surgery to correct the GERD and even though I have Cigna for seniors and tricare secondary, I expect him to refuse to submit for the DS revision...Any idea how much it might cost as an add on to the other covered surgery?
JRinAZ
on 6/17/09 4:06 pm - Layton, UT
Hi poMaddict,

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to go outside of AZ to get a DS revision.  I have never heard of Dr. Juarez OR Dr. Fang doing DS's.  I know they do some types of revisions but I seriously doubt that they'll do a DS.

check dsfacts.com or go to the ds forum on O.H. and post your questions concerning DS surgeons.

I would totally recommend that any/all who are considering a revision, at least attend one of Dr. Schlesinger's seminars.  He considers individual cir****tances and histories and makes his recommendations accordingly.  He does not revise to DS either; though he does do "virgin" DS's or first surgery DS's.

Good luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nancy S.
on 6/17/09 11:55 pm - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, thank you for your reply. Do you think Dr. Fang ( The ONLY surgeon my insurance covers) would revise to a Distal RNY,   or  extended RNY?
thanks Nancy
JRinAZ
on 6/18/09 2:41 am - Layton, UT
On June 18, 2009 at 6:55 AM Pacific Time, poMaddict wrote:
Joyce, thank you for your reply. Do you think Dr. Fang ( The ONLY surgeon my insurance covers) would revise to a Distal RNY,   or  extended RNY?
thanks Nancy
Dr. Fang is an excellent surgeon (he did my hubby's surgery) and I'm sure he'll fix you up with something wonderful!  ....  I'd push for an Erny if he's willing!  ....  Let us know, K?  Best wishes!

.....and...when you're in your goal range then give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction for a plastic surgeon (Dr. Mazaheri)  who can take care of the loose saggy baggy skin!  that's the next best part of the journey!

There's a Revision - Highly Malabsorptive support group (open to everyone) this evening at Tempe St Luke's at 6 p.m. (room 207)  I'll be facilitating.  Want to join us???

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nancy S.
on 6/18/09 10:11 am - Mesa, AZ
Dr. Fang is referring me to Dr. S..he is out of network for me so I am trying to get a authorization from Cigna medicare to see him. Dr. Fang really did not want to do the surgery he and I both felt I needed and that Dr. S was the best surgeon for my case. But dang, I spent 4-5 hours at st Lukes because they sent me to start over at bridges....only to call me later at home and say he was sending me to Dr. S. so I'm beat. I talked with Jenn in auth's at  Dr. S. office and she seems really nice and helpful, I WILL have my revision to a ERNY with Dr, S, it just whether insurance will pay or I will have to. And I WILL be at every group meeting at Tempe St. Luke's once I have more info on seeing Dr. S.
thanks for your help, it means the world! Nancy

6gems
on 6/21/09 3:53 am - AL
Praying good fortune to you in this endeavor!! 

Blessings,
g

WHAT Recession?!?

I live in the Black...officially out of the RED                     
                                       Keep in touch!               
                www.Facebook.com/ge ma very     

Most Active