HELP!

dmwilson
on 6/14/09 1:02 pm - tucson, AZ
I recieved my packet from Dr.Juarez office (In Pheonix)  yesterday, I am a little confused on it because it basically pertains to people wo are seeking surgery for the first time, I am seeking to have a revision on my RNY done in 2005. Is anyone familar with Dr. Juarez  packet. and a revision from his office? I will see him for a consiltation in 2 wks and wondering do I need all these steps done before my consiltation.
I called insurance last week (UHC-EPO)  to ask for the requirements  on my plan for approval on revisions and they said all they needed was a predetermination letter from the surgeon. Is  anyone out there familiar with any of this?

Thanks Diane
nostood
on 6/15/09 7:35 am - Gilbert, AZ

I would of course call them and directly ask - but I would think that the requirements would be the same as the first one.  One to make sure you are healthy enough to go through the surgery, if they require a "mental" evaluation, (usually that is the insurance requirement, not the doctor's office), they would need to make sure you are ok there as well.  It makes sense that you would probably need to do the same steps as far as medical tests.  Also, any classes, etc. they require if they do would also be beneficial as things probably have changed a lot since 2005 as far as the recommendations, etc. for afterwards.

Good luck!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/15/09 10:51 pm - Tucson, AZ
I would call the office and double check.  Don't press any numbers when you get the voicemail.  Wait for someone to pick up.   Talk to a real person.  Sometimes they get confused and send the wrong paperwork because there are probably more patients who are first time patients than are revisions in that practice.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

dmwilson
on 6/15/09 11:28 pm - tucson, AZ
Thanks Becky and Nostood I will call the office and find out.

Thanks for replying
Diane
Most Active