It was TORTURE!!!!!!!

sunshine86
on 6/13/09 2:09 pm

Well, I'm 5 days out from my band surgery.... and things are still going pretty well! Today was the first day that I didn't need to take ANY painkillers.... not even tylenol! (Yay... small victory!!)

So, my boyfriend and I spent the day out and about. He's been SO amazing the past few weeks.... everything leading up to surgery, the surgery itself, and post-surgery. He's been SO supportive and helpful.... and overly-respectful of the fact that I can't eat much. In fact, he really hasn't eaten around me unless it's food I can eat.  (Funny... he's starting to lose weight, too! LOL)

Well, earlier today he commented out of the blue, "oh man, I could go for a big pile of BBQ turkey right now..." 

So......

tonight on my way home from running errands......

I thought I'd be nice and pick him up dinner from Joe's Barbecue on Gilbert road. I'm sure a lot of you east valley folks know the place.... I haven't really been in the mood to cook lately.... so he's been severely neglected....

I bought him 3/4lbs. of BBQ turkey and a side of their BBQ beans....

OMG the drive home was TORTURE. It smelled SO DAMN GOOD..... 

I SOMEHOW managed to resist the urge..... but it was HARD.  LOL

But.... it was totally worth it. My boyfriend was a very happy camper!!!!

Sigh... I think I'm gonna have to avoid Joe's for a while though, lol.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

vixen_luv
on 6/14/09 4:29 am - phoenix, AZ
That was very sweet of you.  It does get somewhat easier over time, hang in there!!

Robin
Most Active