Question for the women

vixen_luv
on 6/10/09 9:18 am - phoenix, AZ
Has anyone else experienced this after surgey?  I didn't have my peorid for 6 months after my RNY and now I don't have  it regularly, I have had it twice in the last four months.  Now when I weighed 469 lbs I had one every month like clock work.  I kow this can happen when you have  lost a lot of weight fast and I have lost 200 lbs since my surgery in september last year. 

My biggest worry about this is I am 40 in august and want to start trying to have a baby as soon as the dr clears me for it.
JRinAZ
on 6/10/09 10:50 am - Layton, UT
On June 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, vixen_luv wrote:
Has anyone else experienced this after surgey?  I didn't have my peorid for 6 months after my RNY and now I don't have  it regularly, I have had it twice in the last four months.  Now when I weighed 469 lbs I had one every month like clock work.  I kow this can happen when you have  lost a lot of weight fast and I have lost 200 lbs since my surgery in september last year. 

My biggest worry about this is I am 40 in august and want to start trying to have a baby as soon as the dr clears me for it.

Sweetie,
I have heard of people not having periods for the entire time they were losing weight and having a "miracle" baby they didn't expect!!!  I think that when the baby making moments arrrive that you may find you are more fertile than ever!!!  Pop on over to the forums for pregnancy on O.H. and get some advice.

Did you say 200 pounds?  Holy Moley! 

So after the wee one is here and you're tired of tucking in all of that loose skin then give me a call and I'll hook you up!  LOL!

200 pounds is AMAZING!  See you Saturday at Dr. Schlesinger's support group? 

High Fives!!!!  Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

LOSER'S ROCK!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Betty S.
on 6/11/09 3:16 am - Mesa, AZ
It is probably the shock of surgery, but maybe you should see a Gynocologist now, and fill him in on what's happening.  It might be better to bring him in on it now rather than wait for the 'all clear' signal.  Who knows...maybe they will put you on the pill or something to jump start things...I have no idea, but it will probably take a few months to get back in sync, so doing it before will make you ready when you need to me....just my two cents...
betty

Deanne K.
on 6/11/09 10:24 am - Tucson, AZ
I have to say congratulation on the 200 lb loss, that is so exciting and I am proud of you.  I know you had a tough go of it, but hang in there.  As far as the fertility, I think Joyce is correct you can become more fertile.  There can be many causes of not having periods, you might want to see your GYN and talk to them about it.

Congratulations again
Deanne
Most Active