I hate buffets!!!

Texas Girl
on 6/8/09 8:55 am
Hi everyone... I am going on vacation soon and my family and my husbands family love to eat at all you can stuff in your mouth buffets.... I just loathe buffets as a big reminder of my days when I weighed 250 lbs... I have trouble with eating to much still even if mostly in my head... as my pouch only holds so much... I would appreciate some advice in facing these family meals at buffets.. to conquer my problem.. thanks Connie
JRinAZ
on 6/8/09 9:25 am - Layton, UT
On June 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM Pacific Time, Texas Girl wrote:
Hi everyone... I am going on vacation soon and my family and my husbands family love to eat at all you can stuff in your mouth buffets.... I just loathe buffets as a big reminder of my days when I weighed 250 lbs... I have trouble with eating to much still even if mostly in my head... as my pouch only holds so much... I would appreciate some advice in facing these family meals at buffets.. to conquer my problem.. thanks Connie
Connie,
I have mastered the buffet!  LOL!  Now....those family get together's with all the favorites of years gone by....those are an entirely different story!  Somehow, memories are attached to flavors, y'know?  Fresh hot baked rolls = I am loved by my mother.  Roasted corn = My Dad loves me.  Creamed peas and potatoes = summer fun at the lake!  .....

Anyway......the key to any restaurant, (including buffets) is to check the menu on-line (or call) ahead of time and make your decisions before even pulling into the parking lot.  sit down, cool off, water load (sip your entire glass of water before you start)......then head for your protein option first.  Take 1/4 as miuch as your eye balls dictate you should have.  Get a 2nd yummy protein option and then go sit down!!!!  Visit, nibble, visit, nibble.  when others are finishing their 2nd plate then head to the low glycemic veggie area (non fried stuff) and get a few options.  Salads fill you up fast so go lightly there so your pouch stores mostly the proteins.  Go sit down with your 2nd small plate of veggies and nibble slowly.  When the group starts pulling in their piled plates of desserts then head back to the salad bar area and get a couple of pieces of fresh fruit.  Don't even go past the dessert section to even see if they have sugar free items.  If they do then they are loaded with sugar gasses:  y'know the suctrose, fructose, etc.  .....  Nibble your fruit and then the nect morning when they are all suffering from a binge hangover; you'll step on the scale a pound down!!!! 

Plan ahead!  Enjoy your vacation!

Remind yourself often of how light you are, how healthy you are......how HOT you look!!!!  Check yourself out frequently when walking past mirrors, glass, etc.  Notice the guys who check YOU out!  .....  In other words.....BE PROUD of your accomplishment and choices and strut yourself!  LOL!

Let us know.....
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Texas Girl
on 6/10/09 7:56 am
Hi Joyce thanks for the info, great ideas as when with my family and  I do not have a vote and do not want to pose a problem... the senior family enjoy the buffets are a great idea as nice choices for them.. I just connect overeating with buffets and my husband and I shy away from them as I have flashback so does he when I would overeat and get ill... I have conquered buffets by avoiding them.....
I will put your advice to use when presented with the family gatherings at Golden Corral and Furrs buffet... and chinese food buffets...
I will look forward to your posts as you sound like one smart lady I could use advice from...
Thanks again.. Connie
Texas Girl
on 6/10/09 7:56 am
Thanks..
20candy07
on 6/14/09 11:45 am - Tolleson, AZ
I l.ove the buffets.....Why, because i can eat protein and veggies. I never eat to get full and I never do.  I have conditioned myself to stay away from the carbs.  You can condition yourself as well.  The carbs are gassy and can give you the Cha Chas and you never know when they will hit you and how far you will be from the ladie's room.  I would rather hit a buffet than a resturant because there are more protein choices.  Fill up on protein then hit the veggies, then you shouldn't have any room for the carbs.  Try it that way and see if it works as well. 

Best wishes,
Candy

Texas Girl
on 6/16/09 3:01 pm
Thanks Candy for good response I will have a better attitude when going to buffets.. I just have to block my overeating days... oh buffets in the past I would fill lots of plates... so............ now to readjust my conquering the buffets... thanks  Connie
Most Active