Vitalady & Potluck report

JRinAZ
on 6/7/09 3:49 am, edited 6/7/09 3:55 am - Layton, UT
I'm soooooooooooo tired!  LOL!

But, the Triple Play weekend was so very worth every minute of effort put in by all!  I was rubbing my tired eyes this morning reading the "thank you" posts on the yahoo groups; and realized that my tiny brain just could not possibly hold all the info that was given us and shared this weekend!

Great turnout!  It was so nice meeting all you WLS buds!  The food was weigh 2 much for all of us but picking and choosing was a blast, knowing that it was all WLS friendly food!  I think the support folks enjoyed the variety as well! 

The VitaCouple were delightful and so willing to spend oodles of time on all of our questions.  The Door Prize bags at each event were LOADED!  I can't wait to drink my way through all of the protein samples

I'm too worn out to consider another get together BUT they are just so darn fun that I'm sure I'll be thinking of something else soon.....

In the meantime, ladies....scroll back a few posts and find the details about the Dress Barn outing coming up.  15% off of anything purchased that day!  Their sizes range from 24 to 4 petite so there's something for everyone, right? 

Dr Mazaheri, YOU TOtALLY ROCK!  Thanks for hosting a great event!  It sounds like some of the buds in attendance are going to proceed to the next phase of their WLS journey and get the "cherry" on top with some plastic surgery!  Woooo Hoooo!  Keep us posted

If anyone wants more details about the vitamins and supplement issues that were discussed OR about the amazing journey that Don and Michelle have had in their life (aka VitaCouple....they had their own WLS in 94 and 95)  then shoot me a pm.  They both experienced  3 periods of regain and fought a successful battle to get those regain pounds off.  ....An amazing example of how we can stay on track for a lifetime if we learn to work our "tools" properly!

Hugggzzz to all who came so we could get to know YOU!  ........and to those who couldn't make it, well..........we missed your beeee U tiful faces!  Hope all is well with you!  Remember....if you're having struggles then YOU need a support group more than ever!!!!  Sailing along thinking you've got it all figured out?  You REALLY need a support group cuz when a pebble crosses your path; you may think it's a boulder...unless you're armed and ready!

# 1 key to a successful WLS journey?  SUPPORT GROUPS!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Andrea O.
on 6/7/09 7:31 am
Joyce,

Thank you so much for putting on a wonderful event yesterday!  It was awesome!  I learned a lot and it was fun to catch up with old friends and meet new ones!  Thank you to Dr. Mazaheri for sponsoring the event - he does totally rock!  Thank you also to the Vitacouple - they were full of great info and insight!

Thank you again!

andrea

JRinAZ
on 6/7/09 2:50 pm - Layton, UT
On June 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM Pacific Time, Andrea O. wrote:
Joyce,

Thank you so much for putting on a wonderful event yesterday!  It was awesome!  I learned a lot and it was fun to catch up with old friends and meet new ones!  Thank you to Dr. Mazaheri for sponsoring the event - he does totally rock!  Thank you also to the Vitacouple - they were full of great info and insight!

Thank you again!

andrea
Andrea!
It was sooooo good to see you!  Wow!  Yo are smokin hot girl!!!!

I"ll pass your kind remarks on to the Vitacouple and to Dr. Mazaheri!  ....Sooooo.....I want to hear all about your personal trainer time when we can have some time to chat!  The bad news about the get together's is that I'm usually wearing a working hat and can't always get caught up with everyone!

C U at Dr. Schlesinger's support group?  13th from 1 to 3 and 18th from 6 to 7:30!

Hugggzzzz,
Joyce 

LessieBelle
on 6/7/09 8:57 am
Good afternoon!  Yes, what a great event.  It was good to meet everyone and I know all of appreciated Dr. Mazaheri and the VitaCouple's time.

Thank you Joyce, I am sure you worked the hardest and you put on a great event last night.  It was nice to meet you (and everyone else) in person.

Celeste

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

JRinAZ
on 6/7/09 2:54 pm - Layton, UT
Celeste!
Thanks for coming!  Now that I've had a good Sunday nap, I'm ready for the next party!  LOL!

I ate your watermelon all the way home!!!!

O.K., so did you say that you got it in Yuma?  You didn't drive all the way up from Yuma yesterday did you?

the Vitacouple is going to be in Tucson on Weds night for all you Southern folks'

C U soon?!!!!
Joyce 

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/8/09 4:59 am - Tucson, AZ
Where is Tucson?  I don't keep up with the Tucson group anymore.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Deanne K.
on 6/8/09 6:23 am - Tucson, AZ
Becky,
It's at Judy Rein's house, on the far east side.  I am planning on going, though I haven't RSVP'd yet.  You can get the directions on TUSWS site.  Hope you can come.  I think the cost is $5.00 per person for the samples, I guess.

Deanne
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/8/09 11:27 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the info.  I'll think about it but it is short notice.  I also am not a fan of crowds in a small space.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

LessieBelle
on 6/8/09 9:34 am
Joyce -

Sorry, but it wasn't me with Watermelon - but it was grea****ermelon.  Glad you got some rest.

Anywho's, yes, I would like to come to the Chandler support group meetings, if that is okay?  I believe you said they are the 4th Tuesday?

Please add me to your list.

THANKS!

Celeste

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

JRinAZ
on 6/9/09 1:32 pm - Layton, UT
On June 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM Pacific Time, LessieBelle wrote:
Joyce -

Sorry, but it wasn't me with Watermelon - but it was grea****ermelon.  Glad you got some rest.

Anywho's, yes, I would like to come to the Chandler support group meetings, if that is okay?  I believe you said they are the 4th Tuesday?

Please add me to your list.

THANKS!

Celeste
Hey there Celeste!
I have my watermelon and people twisted I suppose....so my apologies!  I just love making new friends but I don't always get their names attached with their face right away!

I'll look forward to seeing you again at the Chandler mtg!  There are a few "open to everyone" meetings coming up before that one if you're interested.

This Saturday:  Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Simon open their general support mtg to all from 1 to 3 at Tempe St Lukes.

Wed the 17th is a psych faciliated mtg at Banner Gateway at 4:30 (just past the cafeteria) ...I LOVE this group!  (open to Everyone!)

Thurs the 18th is a peer faciliated support group for Highly Malabsorptive procedures/folks.  6-7:30 p.m. at Tempe St Luke's.  Open to all who have had an Extended Rny, Distal Rny, Deudenol Switch or a Revision to any of these.

Saturday the 20th?  Is that Dress Barn dayi or the Westside support mtg?  Hmmm??

and then....Chandler at 6 p.m. on the 23rd (4th Tuesday) at Chandler Regional.  Peer faciliated and open to everyone!  We go to dinner afterwards for those who wnt to continue the chatter and support.  (optional)

C U Soon!
Joyce 

Most Active