Facilitated by: Lori Gutierrez BS, RN-C,CBN &
PVH Professional Staff
Questions? Please call: 602-923-5612

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

liveinphx
on 6/4/09 5:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
On June 4, 2009 at 12:03 PM Pacific Time, Lori G. wrote:
Weight Loss Support Group - Open

Paradise Valley Hospital
3929 E. Bell Rd, Phoenix AZ 85032
Corner of Bell Road and the 51

Monthly-1st Tuesday
Beginning July 7th
Modular Classroom
Building adjacent west to hospital
6pm - 7:30pm
~
Monthly-3rd Saturday
Beginning July 18th
Cafeteria Classroom
11:00am-12:30pm

June meeting only
Saturday June 20th 8:30am - 10:00am

Facilitated by: Lori Gutierrez BS, RN-C, CBN and
PVH Bariatric Resource Staff
Questions? Please call: 602-923-5612

Do you know if this is open to anyone regardless of surgery type or where you had your surgery? Do you know if it is open to pre and post ops. Thanks
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Lori G.
on 6/4/09 8:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
yes, at this time it is open to anyone, so we hope you will join us. Do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN

Deanne K.
on 6/4/09 11:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Lori,
So I take it there isn't going to be one in Tempe on Saturdays?  It is much more convenient for me and the 3rd Saturday is the best.  I guess if not, I probably won't be coming up much anymore.
Deanne
Lori G.
on 6/5/09 1:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
Deanne-

I know that Jen and Dr. Schlesinger are planning to have sessions down in Tempe.I just wont be the one to facilitate it. They have a big classroom down there, so you just need to contact Jen and find out when they are holding their support groups.
If I can assist you with anything else, please do not hesitate to ask!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN

JRinAZ
on 6/5/09 5:28 am - Layton, UT
On June 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM Pacific Time, Deanne K. wrote:
Hey Lori,
So I take it there isn't going to be one in Tempe on Saturdays?  It is much more convenient for me and the 3rd Saturday is the best.  I guess if not, I probably won't be coming up much anymore.
Deanne
Hey there Miss Deanne!

how's your recovery?  feeling better?

.....FYI.....It is my understanding that the support groups offered by Lori at Paradise Valley are not part of Dr. Schlesinger's or Dr. Simon's program.  I think they will still be having their regular support meeting on a Saturday of every month (facilitated by Dr. Schlesinger) from 1 to 3 at Tempe St Luke's.  One is scheduled for the 13th.  I"m sure Jen will be posting room numbers and specifics soon.

They'll also be offering a "Highly Malabsorptive" aka HM support group on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 6 to 7:30 pm at Tempe St Luke's.  This is specifically for Distal Rny's, Extended Rny's, Deudenol Switches (aka DS's) and Revisions who have switched to any of the afore mentioned procedure types.  This mtg will be peer facilitated with an occasional wave from the docs :-)  I think both meetings will be OPEN to all?

Though Lori's groups are not Schlesinger/Simon groups; they are surely convenient for those who live in the P.V. area.  And.....any and all support is a bonus in staying on track and succeeding on our WLS journey!

Hope to see you at one of Dr. S's groups!  I owe you a lunch
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Lori G.
on 6/5/09 7:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Yes, support groups will be held at Tempe St. Lukes and the staff for Dr.'s Simon and Schlesinger will be happy to discuss when the groups are being held. Paradise Valley is committed to meeting the needs of patients in the North Phoenix area. Support group will be facilitated by professionals utilizing many resources from the hospital. At this time the groups are open to all, and not specific to any type of surgery. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN

Deanne K.
on 6/5/09 8:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Joyce,
The recovery is slow, but I came back to work this week full time.  Got a wound healing from the excess bruising that is slowly draining and coming along, getting smaller everyday.  No infection, Thank God.  Now it's how to deal with the diarrhea that follows the antibiotics.  Started on the probiotics last night, so hopefully they will help with the issue.  Don't want to do Flagyl unless I have too.  I am so allergic to so many antibiotics, I can't use them unless we absolutely have too. 

I will wait to see what Jen puts out there, but if it's the 2nd Saturday, I won't be coming up anymore.  I have meetings in the Phoenix area on Sundays on the 3rd weekend of the month.  Can't make 2 trips a week.  Not economical.

We'll wait and see what they come up with.
Deanne
JRinAZ
on 6/5/09 8:32 am - Layton, UT
Glad you're healing and feeling better!  Take care with the "back to work" effort!

Never a perfect time for everyone.....nor, a perfect place unfortunately!  Bummer, Huh!!!

Well...maybe you could at least schedule your occasional follow-up visits for Thursday afternoons then just stay over for the meeting?

Take care sweetie pie!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active