the Menu

JRinAZ
on 6/3/09 2:10 am - Layton, UT
Three day away til the WLS Potluck!!!

We don't need to know what you're bringing so no worries but here's a few of the things that are coming:

Taco soup
White Bean Chili (DJ warns that this will become everyone's favorite!  LOL!)
Chili Relleno casserole
cottage cheese dessert
Faux potato salad
Faux Rice Protein Pudding
stuffed jalapenas
meat tray
meatballs
chicken salad
pickled eggs
Soy Crisp chips
and........................

TRIPLE PLAY WEEKEND!!!  FREE!!

1.  Had an Extended Rny, Distal Rny, or Deudenol Switch?  Join us Friday at the Chandler Abuelos at 6 (dinner with the Vitacouple)

2.  Saturday Support group with the Vitacouple.  West Side group meets at 10:30 at Banner Estrella

3.  POTLUCK!!!  All are Invited:  Pre-ops, Investigators, Post-Op AND their support bud are welcome!  5 p.m. Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale.  One potluck dish per person to share.  (plz make it healthy :-)

The list of folks is getting long....don't miss this fun get together!!!  Information!  Support!  New WLS friends!  Renew old acquaintances!  Meet Vitalady!  Ask Dr. Mazaheri your plastic surgery questions!  Door Prizes!  (and...for the very brave and informed:  A Knock Off Game Show!!!)

The potluck is a casual meet and greet.  There will not be any "formal" presentations so just plan on hanging out for fun! 

See you soon!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Panda1
on 6/3/09 3:27 am - Scottsdale, AZ
What day is the Franciscan Renewal Center get together? I would love to meet other bandsters or WLS people in my area!

Janice

JRinAZ
on 6/3/09 7:01 am - Layton, UT
On June 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM Pacific Time, Panda1 wrote:
What day is the Franciscan Renewal Center get together? I would love to meet other bandsters or WLS people in my area!

Janice
Hi ther Janice!
The Potluck is this Saturday the 6th at 5 pm.  Below is a link to the thread with the address and details of the weekend.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/3926961/TRIPLE-PLAY-Wow /

Hope to see you then!
Joyce 

sunshine86
on 6/3/09 3:57 am
This sounds like SO much fun.... but my surgery is on Monday, so I'm on my pre-op diet, and all that good food sounds like TORTURE.... lol :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

JRinAZ
on 6/3/09 7:14 am - Layton, UT
On June 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM Pacific Time, sunshine86 wrote:
This sounds like SO much fun.... but my surgery is on Monday, so I'm on my pre-op diet, and all that good food sounds like TORTURE.... lol :)
Hey,
I understand!  We've all been through those pre-op, pre-surgery times of torture!  LOL!  ......The potluck might be the best place to hang though for an exciting send-off!  .....  You could ask all of us about our favorite protein drinks, get some inspiration from others and I could make you a protein drink to die for!!!!

Sooooo.....you went to the Banner Gateway group last night?  You should have tackled me and introduced yourself   I  had my "work" hat on and didn't get to chat with all my buds like usual.

soooo the P.S. surgery stuff freaked you out a little, huh?  LOl!  I totally get it.  I've had a bunch of surgeries and I have yet to get all happy over a needle coming my direction! 

But....plastic surgery becomes the answer to some people's troubles.  When we are obese we just focus on losing the weight and don't always see beyond the outcome.  Unfortunately we don't always just shrink to smaller versions of ourselves.  Many of us have some saggy baggy stuff that just plain depresses us when we take a peak in the mirror.  Thank Heaven's there are options for us to "finish" our journeys and become our best selves.  I always say that we "trade up"!  We exchange FAT for loose skin and loose skin for scars but if we end up with better physical AND mental health in the end then it's all worth it, right?

Stepping off my soapbox now to wish you the very very bestest surgery!  Keep us posted and if you do decide to join us on Saturday then I promise I'll stir you up a great protein drink!!!

Huggggzzz,
Joyce 

Betty S.
on 6/5/09 5:59 am - Mesa, AZ
I am not sure if I can come.  I moved on Wednesday...mostly.  I'm finishing moving tonight after work, and I need to clean the old place and unpack the new place.  I don't know where anything is! 
If tomorrow goes the way the rest of this move has, I won't be there.  If I get lucky, you'll see me...I hope so, because I want to go!!!

JRinAZ
on 6/5/09 8:28 am - Layton, UT
On June 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM Pacific Time, Betty S. wrote:
I am not sure if I can come.  I moved on Wednesday...mostly.  I'm finishing moving tonight after work, and I need to clean the old place and unpack the new place.  I don't know where anything is! 
If tomorrow goes the way the rest of this move has, I won't be there.  If I get lucky, you'll see me...I hope so, because I want to go!!!
So, where do ya live Miss Betty?  How bout we bring our support group over after the morning meeting and help you out?

You know you've got to eat and relax for a second anyway, right?  I just  cooked enough food for the entire State of AZ to show up. Sooo...no worries about whipping up a dish of something...just get your worn out self over for some R & R and a nibble then we can send you packing back home all refreshed !!!

Hugggzzz!
Joyce 

Ann M.
on 6/5/09 11:39 am - Peoria, AZ
Joyce, I'll be bringing a chicken dish made in my crockpot.  I don't have a name for it but I've made it before and people at church liked it.  Low cal/very low fat.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
easternstar23
on 6/5/09 1:03 pm - surprise, AZ
Hello.. I live in Surprise. I've been looking for a local WLS group. Can you advise where the meeting is located? i'm almost two years post op.

Thank you,
Denika
Ann M.
on 6/5/09 2:00 pm - Peoria, AZ
There is a meeting tomorrow at 10:30 at Banner Estrella on Thomas Road at the 101 in conference room #3.  Vitalady will be there talking to the group.  This would be a very good meeting to attend. 

There is also a Sun Cities area group that meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Sun City room at 103rd & Coggins (behind Menke Funeral Home).  The time is 10:30 a.m. until noon EXCEPT for this month.  We'll be meeting at the Dress Barn up at Lake Pleasant & Happy Valley Road.  If you'd like to attend this, give me a call at 623-249-4924 and we can talk about you riding up with me and a couple of other members.  We'll be getting 15% off any purchase that day.

There is also a potluck tomorrow evening in Scottsdale.  If you'd like to ride over with my husband and me, please give me a call in the morning. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active