24 month 24hour fitness membership for $299 at COSTCO

angelarias
on 6/2/09 3:42 pm
HEY ALL:

At my local costco and at costco.com the warehouse store is offering a 24 month certificate good at the u.s. 24 hour fitness gyms. you cannot use them at a certain list of ultra-sport 24 hour fitness locations though. the certificate never expires and you don't have to give the gym employee any of your personal info (ss#, credit card info,etc.) and no hard sell presentation. you can say "no thanks" when they offer personal training packages.

regular membership is like 30 bucks a month--with costco it is $12.50. you do have to be a costco member to buy this certificate at costco.com but if u know a costco member they can purchase it for you and anyone can use the certificate.

i just joined yesterday (june 1st) and like the gym.

24houfitness.com for locations in your state. btw, if you travel, you can use any of their participating clubs or if you want to try different 24 hour fitness locations in your city. there are several that don't participate in this program--the ultra sports, super sprt locations and the 24hour fitness center in manhattan are some locations excluded.

you can call yr local costco store to see if the gym membership certicates in stock. there is no tax. costco.com offers the same thing with free shipping.

NO MORE EXCUSES NOT TO JOIN THE GYM!! $12.50 A MONTH IS A GREAT DEAL!!!I have been looking at different gyms for twio weekends now qand this is the best deal i've found!

i don't know when costco will stop offering this deal but my local costco manager told me that lafitness is thinking about discontnuing this deal after several months! i guess thousands of regular 24hour fitness customers don't like paying more than twice the amount for their memberships than us costco customers have to!

a future gym rat,
angel Cheers,
Angel
Banded July 2004/Drs. Ortiz/Martinez Tijuana,Mexico
260 starting weight/250 surgery  weight/200 plus or minus 5 pounds current weight
50 percent weight loss attained/goal weight 135-140
I have 6cc's in a 9.75cm (4cc) Lap Band. I am hoping to be at goal 135-140 in a year! Thanks for the encouragement all of you have provided me! LONG TERM BANDSTERS WORLD-WIDE, SHARE YOUR BAND SUCCESSES AND YOUR BAND SORROWS!
Garys
on 6/3/09 12:20 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I bought the year membership for $199.00 online.

Almost as good as a special.

So far I have been pleased. 

I really like the YMCA that I went to for several years, but 24 hour fitness was closer to my house and had more stuff to do different things.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

angelarias
on 6/3/09 1:20 pm
hey gary:

199 a year is a good deal. you may also buy the certificate from costco and hold on to it until yr year membership expires and then present yr certificate for two more years ($12.50) a month.

which 24 hr fitness do u go to? i go to 32nd st/camelback.

keep up the good gym routine, gary!

angel
Cheers,
Angel
Banded July 2004/Drs. Ortiz/Martinez Tijuana,Mexico
260 starting weight/250 surgery  weight/200 plus or minus 5 pounds current weight
50 percent weight loss attained/goal weight 135-140
I have 6cc's in a 9.75cm (4cc) Lap Band. I am hoping to be at goal 135-140 in a year! Thanks for the encouragement all of you have provided me! LONG TERM BANDSTERS WORLD-WIDE, SHARE YOUR BAND SUCCESSES AND YOUR BAND SORROWS!
tochatty
on 6/23/09 3:00 pm - Scottsdale, AZ

Does anyone belong to 24 hour fitness near Scottsdale.  I would love a work out buddy to join and keep me accountable. 

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Most Active