Too late?

JRinAZ
on 6/1/09 3:24 am, edited 6/1/09 3:26 am - Layton, UT
No WEIGH R U 2 late!!!!  Here's the basics.....go to this link for the details!!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/3942135/Get-Together-De tails-amp-Potluck-info/

Highly Malabsorptive Procedure?  (i.e. Deudenol Switch, Extended Rny, Distal Rny; revision to any of these)
Vitalady and Vitaguy (Michelle and Done curan) will meet us for dinner for an informal opportunity to chat about our specirfic needs and issues!
Friday, 6 pm, Abuelos in Chandler

Support Group with the Vita Couple doing Q & A
Sat, 10:30, Banner Estrella (open to everyone)

WLS Potluck, Meet & Greet and Q & A with Dr. Mazaheri and the Vitacouple!
Sat, 5 pm, Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale

What's missing below???!!!

Joyce*****Jim*****Jeanna*****Nita

*****Dawn*****Chris*****Jennifer

*****Jen*****Gil*****Olivia*****Carol

*****Denise*****Beth*****Wendy*****

Mike*****Les*****Celeste*****Chris

*****Barb*****Dana*****Virginia*****

Chuck*****Judi*****Betty*****Amalia

*****Barbara*****Nancy*****

YOUR NAME!!!! 

Don't miss this opportunity for FUN, info, new friends & private chat time with Vitalady and Dr. Mazaheri (plastic surgeon!)
RSVP to this post or email me:  [email protected]
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 6/2/09 6:30 am - Layton, UT
On June 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
No WEIGH R U 2 late!!!!  Here's the basics.....go to this link for the details!!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/3942135/Get-Together-De tails-amp-Potluck-info/

Highly Malabsorptive Procedure?  (i.e. Deudenol Switch, Extended Rny, Distal Rny; revision to any of these)
Vitalady and Vitaguy (Michelle and Done curan) will meet us for dinner for an informal opportunity to chat about our specirfic needs and issues!
Friday, 6 pm, Abuelos in Chandler

Support Group with the Vita Couple doing Q & A
Sat, 10:30, Banner Estrella (open to everyone)

WLS Potluck, Meet & Greet and Q & A with Dr. Mazaheri and the Vitacouple!
Sat, 5 pm, Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale

What's missing below???!!!

Joyce*****Jim*****Jeanna*****Nita

*****Dawn*****Chris*****Jennifer

*****Jen*****Gil*****Olivia*****Carol

*****Denise*****Beth*****Wendy*****

Mike*****Les*****Celeste*****Chris

*****Barb*****Dana*****Virginia*****

Chuck*****Judi*****Betty*****Amalia

*****Barbara*****Nancy*****

YOUR NAME!!!! 

Don't miss this opportunity for FUN, info, new friends & private chat time with Vitalady and Dr. Mazaheri (plastic surgeon!)
RSVP to this post or email me:  [email protected]
Lots of questions have been coming in so just in case these might pertain to you as well, I thought I'd answer on this forum....

Is there any charge for any of the 3 Vitalady events?  No charge but if you come to the dinner on Friday then you'll buy your own dinner and maybe throw in a dollar (if you'd like) to help cover the Vitacouple's meal.  No charge at the support group on Saturday morning and no charge at the Potluck on Saturday evening. 

How many potluck things should I bring?  ONE person to share.  If you are bringing a support person with you then they are considered a person as well:-)  Sooooo, if you're a couple then how about 2 things?  Maybe on main dish and one small something else?

I just lost my job and can't afford to make a dish for the potluck but still want to come, can I?  Absolutely!!!!  Please DO NOT stay home because the potluck dish is not in your budget!!!!  If you are able to bring something at all then consider a low budget (but yummy & healthy) like hard boiled eggs (1 doz is less than $2.00), or peanut butter in some celery, or a bowl of sugar free jello pudding.....etc. 

I am swamped this week and won't have time to make something spectacular, what can I bring?  Costco may end up being my Chef this week as well!  LOL!  .....For those who just want to grab something; how about?  a shrimp ring, chicken salad (Costco has a delish one), veggie tray, fruit tray, bowl of yogurt, layered bean dip, cheese ball and crackers, deli meats, cheese platter,  roll-ups, etc......

I'd love to make something for the potluck but don't have any great recipes.  Where do I get them?  I have googled:  low carb recipes,  low carb appetizers,  high protein recipes, Atkins recipes, South Beach diet recipes, etc and found some very very yummy things to make.

Will there be refrigeration for my food? There is a refrigerator but that won't hold everyone's stuff so if your dish needs to be "iced" then consider bringing it in a small cooler with your own ice.  There should be outlets for those who may have a crockpot.

What if I haven't RSVP'd yet?  No worries, just shoot me a note whenever or even just show up that day!  We'll grab you a chair and be delighted to see you!

Can I come if I'm pre-op?  YES

Can I come if I'm investigating WLS?  YES

How long will the potluck be?  As long as you want to stay!  But...we'll probaby turn the lights out on you around 9 :-)

What should I wear?  I'm going to be in casual but if you'd like to wear a dress and heels then go for it!  LOL!

I don't know anyone and am nervous to attend.  Will everyone else know each other already?  NO WAY!  I have never been to an event where the exact same  people show up!  We are (or have) walked in the same shoes and have so mu*****ommon that it usually just takes an introduction to become good friends!  I will be there with a name tag on so grab me if you're a newbie and I'll make sure you get introduced (unless you'd rather I didn't)!  In fact, I 'll save a seat next to me for anyone who feels uncomfortable coming!!!!  I'll be talking your ear off!   LOL!  Please join us!!!

THREE days until the Abuelos supper!!!! (Distals, Extended, Revisions and DS'ers)

FOUR days until the Potluck!!!!

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!  It's almost party time!!!!
Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 6/4/09 3:06 pm - Layton, UT

Dinner tomorrow night (Friday the 5th)  6 p.m. at Abuelos in Chandler with Vitalady and WLS buds!

Check out this delish menu!

http://www.abuelos.com/NewMenu_Home.asp

Check the road closures over the weekend so you don't get stranded and miss any of the fun!

C y'all soon!  Woooooo Hoooooo!

catch me best at 480.814.7466

Joyce 

Most Active