Surgery date is scheduled!!!!

Carolyn C.
on 6/1/09 12:21 am

June 11th -  St. Luke's in Phoenix and I am so excited!!! 
How do I join this forum?  I am on the main one, but would love to have a support group that I can actually meet with from my own area.

Carolyn

HW 275
SW 260

Band date June 11, 2007

Carolyn

JRinAZ
on 6/1/09 3:05 am - Layton, UT
On June 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM Pacific Time, CCurtin wrote:

June 11th -  St. Luke's in Phoenix and I am so excited!!! 
How do I join this forum?  I am on the main one, but would love to have a support group that I can actually meet with from my own area.

Carolyn

High Fives Carolyn!  The 11th is just a few wake-ups away!  Wow!  I'll bet you are soooooo excited!

"How do I join this forum?"  You just did!!!!  Unless you'd like to make the initiation fee check out to me!  LOL!  This forum is a freebie and as active and helpful as you want to make it.  People are awesome about responding to questions!

St Luke's has a support group on the 1st Tuesday of every month:  (tomorrow the 2nd) that starts at 6:30.  Jenel the dietician begins her group at 5 pm.....I facilitate a WLS Graduates group at 5:30 at the same location.  It's for folks who are 1 year post-op from any surgery.  EVERYONE is invited for these support groups, whether they had a St Luke's surgeon or not.

There are a few "satellite" support groups spattered around AZ.  What are are you from?

You may want to circle this weekend to come meet and greet a bunch of WLS post-ops, gleen some new information and gather supplement details that will help you have a very successful future!  The world famous VITALADY will be at 3 different locations and events.  You can read the threads to get the details.

Congrats to you and WELCOME to the AZ forum!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Carolyn C.
on 6/1/09 5:47 am
I live in Apache Junction -  if there are any in east Valley, that would be very cool!  I hate driving to Phoenix  -  you can tell my sacrifice for the sake of the band! 

I will check the threads about VITALADY and try to make an event this weekend.

Thanks so much for the info.

HW 275
SW 260

Band date June 11, 2007

Carolyn

JRinAZ
on 6/1/09 8:16 am - Layton, UT
On June 1, 2009 at 12:47 PM Pacific Time, Carolyn C. wrote:
I live in Apache Junction -  if there are any in east Valley, that would be very cool!  I hate driving to Phoenix  -  you can tell my sacrifice for the sake of the band! 

I will check the threads about VITALADY and try to make an event this weekend.

Thanks so much for the info.
East Valley is the jackpot of support groups!!!  LOL!

The below mtgs are OPEN to everyone from any program and with any surgery type.....

1st Tuesday - (tomorrow) Banner Gateway, 6 p.m. in a conference room down the hall from the cafeteria.  Donna, their NUT facilitates this one.  She is a crack-up!  ......  Love her!  ...In fact, I'll be at this one tomorrow since my boss:  Dr. Mehdi Mazaheri (plastic surgeon) will be presenting.  Come and join us!!!  (My hubby will be facilitating the AZ Grads mtg at St Lukes for me)

2nd Weds - Mtn Vista 6 p.m. room off of cafeteria (follow signs) 

3rd Weds - 4:30 Banner Gateway Psych facilitated (I LOVE this group too)

4th Tuesday - Chandler (peer facilitated - usually by me) 6 pm followed by dinner out somewhere together to keep the support chatter going a while longer!  Chandler Regional Hosp.....conference rooms 1 and 2 on the lower level.

Dr. Schlesinger's program at Tempe St Luke's will be open to everyone as well.  They''ll be posting their new support group schedule soon.

Hope to see you this weekend!  The WLS potluck will be a blast!!!
Joyce 

sunshine86
on 6/1/09 7:12 am
Hi Joyce,

Is the St. Luke's 6:30 support group for people who are pre-op as well? I am having my surgery 6/8/2009.... and none of the support groups at Banner Gateway seem to match up with the timeline....

I'm growing increasingly anxious about the procedure, and would love to find some folks to talk to who have been there & done that. I feel like I'm driving myself crazy :(

Thanks so much!
JRinAZ
on 6/1/09 8:20 am - Layton, UT
On June 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, wrote:
Hi Joyce,

Is the St. Luke's 6:30 support group for people who are pre-op as well? I am having my surgery 6/8/2009.... and none of the support groups at Banner Gateway seem to match up with the timeline....

I'm growing increasingly anxious about the procedure, and would love to find some folks to talk to who have been there & done that. I feel like I'm driving myself crazy :(

Thanks so much!
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!

St Luke's is open to everyone and the 6:30 mtg often has pre-ops attend who are wanting to hear what the post-ops have to say!  ....  They usually reserve most questions for the post-ops though; assuming pre-ops will get their information from their surgeon's hospital program.  You are also welcome to attend the Chandler support group on the 4th Tuesday or the West  Valley support group at Banner Estrella on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays at 10:30......

Shouldn't be any reason to miss out on a great support meeting.

And NOTE:  The Potluck this coming weekend is open to pre-ops, support friends and family and post-ops at any stage!  Join us?  You'll get all kinds of info as well as meet friends that can offer additional support on your journey!

Joyce 

sunshine86
on 6/1/09 8:53 am
Thank you so much for the info!

I will ask my boyfriend about Saturday... I'm definitely interested, but I'm not exactly sure what we have planned for this weekend just yet.

Thanks again :)
dbuckeye
on 6/1/09 5:12 am - Sun City, AZ
Congrats!  Dr Fang did my surgery on April 20.  He is wonderful.
Carolyn C.
on 6/1/09 6:54 am
How was your recovery?   Did you stay overnight after the surgery?  I have not yet been told whether or not I will have to stay overnight. 

HW 275
SW 260

Band date June 11, 2007

Carolyn

dbuckeye
on 6/2/09 4:32 am - Sun City, AZ
I had the RNY.  I stayed 2 nights.  The first couple of weeks were rough for me,  it was well worth it.  I'm not sure how it will be you the band. 

Why don't you come to the support group tonight.  They will answer all kinds of questions for you.
Hope to see you at 6:30 at the Bridges Center.
Most Active