Its My Turn!

K_ristine
on 5/19/09 2:47 am - CampVerde, AZ
I got my paperwork in the mail from Dr. Juarez office and I have to do the 2 week liquid diet before my  surgery. I Will be starting on Wednesday, May 27th. What kind of powder protein should I take? Does anyone have any suggestions? How much weight does the average person loose before surgery while on the liquid diet?

I started out January 11, 2009 weighing 332 and now today I weigh 286. My goal was going to surgery as healthy as I could be. My mother went into her surgery weighing 284 and I wanted to be around that when I went in, I'm so excited to start my new me, but of course kind of scared at the same time, but I know Dr. Juarez is a very good doctor and he will take good care of me.

Christine Bonnaha
Betty S.
on 5/21/09 5:15 am - Mesa, AZ
good for you!  Try different powders, but trust me, they don't taste the same after surgery as they do before...nothing does.
I've been happiest with the stuff I get at WalMart (I think it's at Target, too)....can't think of the name off hand, but it's only like $15.  Some of the stuff is super expensive.  And I LOVE Click, which is expresso protein powder....tastes like a mocha.
The funny thing for me is...I don't know how much weight I lost.  I know I lost some.  They never weighed me in the hospital, and when I got there I was so nervous and excited I didn't think to ask.  So My weight is at the 2 week pre-op appt.  My next weight was at a 1 week post op. 
But you are already going strong!  Over 40 pounds is spectacular! 

Most Active