Quick Intro!

Erica H.
on 4/28/09 7:30 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Arizona Guys and Gals!  I'm Erica from Mesa!  I have been on the VSG board for awhile now, but am happy to find this AZ board!  I have my VSG scheduled for June 27th and I'm WAY excited!  I would love to find a great support group to attend!  Any suggestions??

On a side note...I'm making myself crazy!  I decided that I'd like to lose some pounds to give me a head start on my surgery.  But...all I can think about is eating!  Grrrrrr!!  I know I'm not really hungry, but I feel HUNGRY!  And I want to eat CRAP! 

So...if someone could just knock me out until June...that would be great!
Erica H. 
http://dramaqueensguide.blogspot.com

"We go through what we go through to help others get through what they go through."
Betty S.
on 4/28/09 7:37 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Erica!  There is a great meeting tonight in Chandler- there is a notice from yesterday with the details.  You'd like it, they really help.
betty

JRinAZ
on 4/29/09 1:09 am - Layton, UT
Wow!  What a GREAT group last night!  Thanks sooooo much Pat for "dragon" out our personal DRAGONS!!!  I gave a big sigh as I drove home; feeling like I'd had a good healthy dose of therapy and inspiration!!! 

Skinny Wishes to those of you on deck, those researching still and those who are climbing over their post-op hurdles (aka dragons)!  It is soooooooo worth it!

The Chandler hospital has had some business changes and so our familiar home may be juggled from time to time.  In fact, next month is completely unavailable.  So, our group decided to meet somewhere easy to find and casual.  4th Tuesday in May, we'll meet at 6 p.m. at the Wildflower at the Chandler Mall.  I'll reserve the large table area at the back and we can chat for as long as we want.  They have healthy food options from soups, salads, sandwiches, to yogurt and fruit.  Just ignore the big case with all the nasty stuff!  LOL!!!

"Those who attend support groups are the ones who achieve weight loss success and maintain it for a lifetime"!!!

Next support groups that are open to EVERYONE:
Saturday:  West Valley support group at Banner Estrella (10:30) Contact is D.J.
Tuesday:  1.  AZ GRADS of WLS, 5:30 at Bridges (Phx St Luke's)  (My hubby will facilitate)
2.  Bridges Phoenix St Luke's 6:30 , General Support
3.  NUTRITiON support mtg at Banner Gateway, 6:00 pm (Joyce will be at this one)

Hugggzzzz,
Joyce - 480.814.7466 - [email protected],
Revision to eRNY 12/26/07
at Goal
Erica H.
on 4/29/09 3:05 am - Mesa, AZ
Is the Nutrition class on Tuesday just for post surgery?  And is it THIS Tuesday, the 5th?? 

Thanks SO much! 
Erica H. 

"We go through what we go through to help others get through what they go through."
JRinAZ
on 4/29/09 4:03 am - Layton, UT
On April 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM Pacific Time, Erica H. wrote:
Is the Nutrition class on Tuesday just for post surgery?  And is it THIS Tuesday, the 5th?? 

Thanks SO much! 
Yup!  This Tuesday the 5th.  You enter the main doors that face East towards the parking lot.  The conference rooms are just past the cafeteria.

Pre-Ops ard Post-Ops are welcome but you may want to keep your surgery destination a bit quiet so you don't stir the pot.  No need to put yourself in a defensive position....not that it would happen but y'know; some folks some times?  They very kindly open their group to everyone but it is definitely a Banner Gateway program.  You'll LOVE their NUT!  She's a Jersey type gal and is hilarious!

Want me to save you a seat?

Joyce
Erica H.
on 4/29/09 7:13 am - Mesa, AZ
Yes, please!  I'm putting it on my calendar right now!  I'm excited!  Banner Gateway is just down the street from my house!  How convienent!
Erica H. 

Most Active