Has anyone had Lap Band over Gastric Bypass Revision

tochatty
on 4/25/09 5:11 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I am 9 years post op from Open RNY and have a staple rupture.  I am in the process of gathering information and talking to various surgeons about what my options are and I recently was informed about the posibility of Lap Band over Gastric Bypass revision and I'm curious if anyone else has heard of this or had this done?

Any informaiton you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  No one wants to have revision but it is nice to know there are options out there if there is a need.

Thank you,

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

sector-9
on 4/25/09 12:21 pm
i had the lapband done 7 years  ago and had some regain then an injury to the band and port and it all had to be replaced but now i am at 100 % sucess i would do it over again and forgo any other surgerys
chris
expectations are premeditated resentments .standards are goals and principals that can be maintained and achieved.
dmwilson
on 6/12/09 12:31 am - tucson, AZ

Hi, I have decided to go with the band over my RNY I have heard many success stories on the revisions message board I feel that I am most comfortable with this procedure, I really don't want to do another drastic surgery so I am going to keep it simple this time. I am 4 yrs out and have gained about 40 pds. of the 130 pds. that Ihave lost so now I need to get back in control. I also have cronic constipation and my dumping is constant don't understand it, u would think with all the dumping I would be a twig but not the case . I have a consiltation and a seminar in Pheonix on the 23 of June with Dr. Juarez at St. Lukes. I'm coming from Tucson so the office was nice enough to set me up for both appts. on the same day.

Best of Luck on your new journey

Diane

dmwilson
on 6/14/09 3:28 pm - tucson, AZ
I have also decided to go with this procedure I am 4 yrs post op RNY and I have my consiltation with surgeon on the 23rd. I also have read several success stories about  it.

Good luck
Diane
Most Active