Having a little problem here, girls....

klyn13jwl
on 4/22/09 1:58 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Hey All.........

It's me again....I'm having a bit of a problem with diarrhea.  For the past 3 days it's been going from bad to worse.  Haven't been able to eat anything and if, by some odd chance, I do muster a bite or two, I'm sitting in the bathroom for an awful long time.  How can our small stomachs cause so much pain and be so loud while they are doing it? 
My question is:.....IS THIS NORMAL?!  I figured it would only last a day at the most... boy, was I wrong.
  I'm afraid to leave the house!

Help,
Kellyn  :o(

260/245/145/124 
  I think I'm ready to stop now!
JRinAZ
on 4/22/09 2:44 pm - Layton, UT
Kellyn,
You seem to go from one bad med issue to another.  Soooo sorry about that!!!  Gheesh!  It seems like you're due for a break?

As for diarrhea?  Well, I'd say that it's not normal for those who haven't had WLS and it's not normal for us either.  We too often blame everything wrong with us on our WLS.  Did you have dairy products?  Chocolate?  Other sweets?  Ice Cream?  Mexican food?  There's lots of reasons that may have caused it.  AND...with the weather getting hotter, we need to all check our water intake and kick it up a notch.  Sometimes diarrhea is a symptom of dehydration.

How about trying the BRAT diet for a day to see if it calms your angry lil pouch?  B=Bananas, R=rice, (this may be tough but maybe a spoon ful or 2 of cream of rice?), A=applesauce (I'd go for the no sugar added type) and T= toast

Hydrate well, back off on heavy stuff and push protein drinks with the BRAT.

Check with your doc?  (remember we're just offering our opinions and not any medical advice)

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Joyce
klyn13jwl
on 4/23/09 12:58 am - Lakeside, AZ
I think that I will try the BRAT diet.  Last night I was up twice w/ diarrhea and I have had 3 bites of a waffle and I'm gonna be in the bathroom any moment!!  This sucks!!  This is going on 4 days of this.  The only problem with the BRAT diet.......I don't like bananas....can you substitute anything for those?    So that things even out?  I hate to be such a bother.........I'm just sick of the looks at the ER when I end up in there because I've waited too long.  Joyce, I don't think I'm dehydrated.  Everywhere I go, I take my Bottle with me...in every room or when I go somewhere...it goes, too.  This is getting painful, Ladies...and Gents. 

260/245/145/124 
klyn13jwl
on 4/23/09 2:42 am - Lakeside, AZ
I have a doctor's appointment in about 40 min.  I can't handle this.  I have epilepsy so, with my regular meds, I take a stool softner.  The meds I take constipate me.  I stopped taking the colace 4 days ago.  This is not normal..... unless it's a bug that's going around.  Wish me luck.

260/245/145/124 
Most Active