Hello to all

Skyzel
on 4/10/09 7:26 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hello to those viewing this,
(Just a quick run down of my process)
My name is Steve and I figured I should make a post and say hello as I have been viewing the Az boards for some time.  I started my weight loss process/inquiry in late January.  With a ton of people saying Dr Fang was one of the best in Az, I went to the Bridges Center at St. Lukes.  After meeting with Dr Fang in early February I decided this is what I wanted to do and called my insurance company.  Approval was no problem and Dr Fang said all he wanted from me was  a EKG to clear me for surgery and the psych eval to make sure I was not crazy.  8)  The psych eval took the longest for me to get an appointment and the resulting go ahead.  Not sure how long it took to answer 565 questions but I know it took 2 cups of coffee and 1 MT Dew.  It is late February now and I am playing phone message game with Dr Fang office trying to make sure all my paper work is GTG and trying to get a date scheduled.  I called every day and I e-mailed every day for a surgery date.  I was not rude in any way just thought if you want it you might as well be pro-active instead of waiting on them.  It payed off on April 9th as I was called and received an approval date for surgery on the 28th of April.  To say I am excited would not do it justice.  Any who that is my process and I just wanted to share it with all you nice folks.  I am sure I will meet some of you at a meeting when I can make it to one.  Happy Easter to you and your familys.  
Chris S.
on 4/11/09 12:44 am - Tempe, AZ

Congrats Steve!

I am 4 wks out from surgery with Dr Juarez and although I don't know Dr Fang I know several that have had him and they speak very highly of him. 

Keep us posted on your progress

sector-9
on 4/11/09 8:31 am
congrats and welcome , many good arizona people here and fantastic post op support add me to your friends list if you want.
be cool.
chris
Carol C.
on 4/11/09 10:09 am - North Hollywood, CA

Welcome and Happy Easter to you as well.

Highest Weight: 283.4
Weight preop: 273
Current Weight: 219.8
Goal Weight: 150

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/11/09 10:39 am - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations and welcome.  You won't regret it.  Don't be a stranger now that you are posting.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Skyzel
on 4/14/09 12:06 am - Surprise, AZ
I am so looking forward to it for many reasons.  I will try to post as I get new info on the process.
dbuckeye
on 4/11/09 2:21 pm - Sun City, AZ
I know how excited you are Dr. Fang is doing my RNY on April 6.  I'm almost half way through my 2 week liquid diet.
Skyzel
on 4/14/09 12:10 am - Surprise, AZ
Wow ..2 week liquid diet!!  That is some major work in itself.  I know how hard it was for my wife to go on her her 3 day liquid diet so I can not imagine a 2 week-er.  Wish you the best of luck and if you need some support a long the way be glad to assist ya. 
Skyzel
on 4/14/09 12:04 am - Surprise, AZ
Just a small update

Had the Dr office/hospital call me to schedule some preop testing before my big date.  Not sure what is going to be but I will post it after the 20Th of April.  Sounds like more blood work as they do not want me to eat after midnight the night before.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/14/09 12:12 am - Tucson, AZ

I'm not sure who your doctor is, but when I had my pre-op tests they did blood work, chest X-ray,
sonogram, blood oxygen test, and showed me how to use the breathing equipment. 

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active