Wat'z Up AZ

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/10/09 1:12 am - Tucson, AZ
1.  Happy with your weight loss?
           I am extremely happy with my weight loss.  I have gone from 303 at my highest, 286 day of surgery, to my present weight of 166.  Have been as low as 152 after plastic surgery.

2.  On target with your goal?
          I have been at goal and am satisfied as long as I don't go above 170.  Have been having issues getting my thyroid regulated.

3.  What are your EASTER plans?
        No real plans.  Granddaughter does not want to even color eggs.  Maybe we will go to a movie.

4.  Do you have a special dish/recipe planned that is on your healthy program?  Plz share it with us!
           No special dish for Easter but have thought about doing eggs in beet juice.

5.  What's your main struggle right now?  
            Exercise.  No energy to do it.  Hopefully the increased thyroid medication will help with that.

6.  Which support group do you attend?  
            Obesity Help is my support group and I am sad to say of late it has not been here for me.  It has been very quiet and most of us know the reasons why this is.

7.  Any social changes in your life since your WLS?
           Quite a few...I have met so many wonderful people through this journey through Obesity Help Events and online message boards.  I also got married in November 2008 to my best friend.

8.  Any new "attaboys" on your list?
            Feeling good about the way I look and being able to buy size 8 clothes and size small tops.  I even got my fat finger into a size 6 1/2 ring and no longer have to wear wide shoes or tug to get pantyhose pulled up to my waist!!!

9.  What's your very favorite protein drink and where can we buy it?
          I would have to say my most favorite one is the Matrix Chocolate made hot with a splash of Rasberry flavored Torani sugar free Syrup in it.   Next to that would be a warm "Click" with sugar free peppermint or rasberry syrup in it.

10.  Do you practice "mindful" eating?  (Plan it, measure it, enjoy it?)
          Sorry to say that I do not.  I have been trying to be better about this and logging my foods on www.fitday.com.  Since I have been having a few hypoglycemic issues I am working on eating more often during the day and choosing protein based foods when I do this, per doctors' advice.

Rebecca (Becky)
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 4/10/09 1:18 am - Layton, UT
Becky!

I have missed you sweet friend!  So glad you came back to us!

Tell your adorable grand daughter hello!  I'm heading to Utah for the weekend....does she need me to pick her up anything?  *winks*

Joyce
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/10/09 1:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Joyce.  I think she is good.  She said she emailed you.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

liveinphx
on 4/10/09 5:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
On April 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM Pacific Time, Rebecca (Becky) A. wrote:
1.  Happy with your weight loss?
           I am extremely happy with my weight loss.  I have gone from 303 at my highest, 286 day of surgery, to my present weight of 166.  Have been as low as 152 after plastic surgery.

2.  On target with your goal?
          I have been at goal and am satisfied as long as I don't go above 170.  Have been having issues getting my thyroid regulated.

3.  What are your EASTER plans?
        No real plans.  Granddaughter does not want to even color eggs.  Maybe we will go to a movie.

4.  Do you have a special dish/recipe planned that is on your healthy program?  Plz share it with us!
           No special dish for Easter but have thought about doing eggs in beet juice.

5.  What's your main struggle right now?  
            Exercise.  No energy to do it.  Hopefully the increased thyroid medication will help with that.

6.  Which support group do you attend?  
            Obesity Help is my support group and I am sad to say of late it has not been here for me.  It has been very quiet and most of us know the reasons why this is.

7.  Any social changes in your life since your WLS?
           Quite a few...I have met so many wonderful people through this journey through Obesity Help Events and online message boards.  I also got married in November 2008 to my best friend.

8.  Any new "attaboys" on your list?
            Feeling good about the way I look and being able to buy size 8 clothes and size small tops.  I even got my fat finger into a size 6 1/2 ring and no longer have to wear wide shoes or tug to get pantyhose pulled up to my waist!!!

9.  What's your very favorite protein drink and where can we buy it?
          I would have to say my most favorite one is the Matrix Chocolate made hot with a splash of Rasberry flavored Torani sugar free Syrup in it.   Next to that would be a warm "Click" with sugar free peppermint or rasberry syrup in it.

10.  Do you practice "mindful" eating?  (Plan it, measure it, enjoy it?)
          Sorry to say that I do not.  I have been trying to be better about this and logging my foods on www.fitday.com.  Since I have been having a few hypoglycemic issues I am working on eating more often during the day and choosing protein based foods when I do this, per doctors' advice.

Rebecca (Becky)
I don't know the reason it has been quiet. Is there something I missed?
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
FLGail
on 4/11/09 11:32 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Becky , Good to see ya girl. Sounds like things are good for you. I am still here in Florida, but hope as the economy gets better will be in Az soon. Happy Easter everyone in Az see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gail
Most Active