Update on ME

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 9:36 am - Phx, AZ

It's me!  I have good news and ??? news as an update. 
ERNY Nov 21, '08... wt loss of 37 more lbs since then, 137 total. 
Lots of poop.  Well there IS! 

GOOD NEWS: I am AT goal of 145 pounds.  I like that, and I like being where I am at in that regard.

BAD or ??? NEWS:  Got labs back... Anemic... RBC: 2.5 (low norm:3.7), Hemoglobin: 8.5 (norm low:11.5), Hematocrit: 25.6 (low orm:35).  Am going to see a Hematologist/Oncologist for treatment next week.  Something is causing this.

Also, had 2 'attacks' of upper abd pain and subsequent abd bloating/chest discomfort.  Ultrasound reveals: Enlarged liver, Intra-abdominal Ascites (fluid surrounding organs), and sludge in gall bladder.  Am seeing a Gastro doc on Monday for this. 

I knew something was wrong 2 months ago when my blood sugars started rising (have been UNdiabetic since RNY 4 yrs ago).  I KNOW myself, and when I am sick, the sugars rise.  I'm totally exhausted by about 10 a.m. every day...wanna sleep all p.m...... my feet/ankles are swelling, the abd bloating is worsening causing discomfort in my chest cavity and pain in shoulders, getting more headaches, have an aching pain the upper abd is almost constant, blood sugars 150> fasting a.m., significant vision problems including recent diagnosis of cataracts in Feb (new since last ophth appt in the summer), and I generally feel like CRAP.  (sorry)  To be honest, I am a bit worried...and if I do enough internet research, I get darn scared.  So, I am not doing research any longer...because technically I can have EVERY illness known to man if I do that.....  Docs will look for underlying cause for all this...it is something. 

I'm just hanging tight and lying low this weekend, so if anyone wants to jot a note, I'll check the site once in awhile.

Nita S.
on 4/3/09 12:53 pm - Avondale, AZ
Prayers for you sweetie.  I hope the docs find out what is wrong asap and get you to feeling better.  Sounds like you have people on the ball trying to help.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/09 12:57 am - Phx, AZ
Nita:

Let me know how things are going for you w/your revision.  What kinds of vitamin deficiencies (if any), protein, etc.... You can PM me if you would rather...  Dr S said that I am severly malnourished, but the protein norm is 6.0 and I am at 5.8...  How are your #'s??? 

My Vit A is low (altho I have yet to see the #'s) as is my Vit K...  so I am up to 100,000 mg of Vit A (Dry A) and 300mg of Vit K, plus increased the calcium from 1000 to 1500 day...  IF I am malnourished, it is not due to a lack of eating.  I have a food diary and quite literally, by 1:00 pm each day I already have consumed 130 gr protein...  so like I said, it's not for a lack of trying.  Basically, my eating regimen is the SAME from day to day... protein bullet & shake daily, eggs, cheeses, cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken/salmon... plus my veggies: broccoli, spinach (my body won't digest any of the lettuces, just spinach), tomatoes, strawberries, grapefruit, pecans, peanut butter, GS apples.......  I could be the Poster Child of how to eat correctly after this surgery.....  I never ever do fast foods (well, ok... ONCE, but I split a juicy cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce at In & Out w/my hubby..... it was better than anything I have ever had in my life!!!)..... but I am good at this eating thing.

My vision is GREATLY impaired as of late, and that scares me... and my opthalmologist diagnosed me with CATARACTS of all things... new since my last visit 8 months ago!!!!!  Vit A?  Dr. S says that I seem to be eating properly (as does Andi the NUT), so he feels that there is some underlying chronic illness that has been affecting me longer than I realize, which has just now decided to rear its ugly head.  Ug.  This a.m. I am extremely short of breath and weak (anemia)...so I am home for the weekend. 

Well, thanks so much for your response...  Let me know how you are too.  :)
Nita S.
on 4/4/09 2:44 am - Avondale, AZ
Wow you are really having a set back.  I am not having any major problems with the revision, except that I have developed a hernia, which I believe is on the normal side of things.  My vitamin A is low, so I upped that and my protien is low, so I am upping my drinks to 6 per day at least.  You may want to give Vitalady a note, she is awesome in helping us get our levels where they should be.  Sometime the labs give you the normal ranges for people that have not had surgery, and I believe that we need more to stay healthy.  I wish I was as good about eating as you are, I am not too bad, but I do have a no no every now and then.  Take care of yourself and keep in touch, feel free to pm me anytime and we can talk. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/09 3:06 am - Phx, AZ
Thanks Nita...I appreciate it.  I was feeling ALONE in this... I have had some nice replies to these posts, and it is so sweet to hear that so many are very kind in their responses...  it really warms my heart!  I'll PM you  later... 

xoxo
Most Active