2 week liquid diet

dbuckeye
on 3/30/09 2:37 pm - Sun City, AZ
Does anyone know what the optional 2 weeks  liquids before surgery with Dr Fang is.  What types of liquids and what it does.  Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

Ann M.
on 3/30/09 10:32 pm - Peoria, AZ
Debbie, does this mean you got your date????  The 2 week liquid diet helps to shrink your liver so the doc can find things easier and it's not as hard on you.  I'm hoping Chris can answer this better than me because she just got done with it a few weeks ago.  She'll be at the Sun City meeting on Saturday so you can ask her directly or send her a message through here.  Just find a post and then click on her name and it'll take you to where you can send a message.

See you Saturday.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
dbuckeye
on 3/31/09 1:52 am - Sun City, AZ
Thanks Ann,  No, I see Dr Fang on April 6,(it's just around the corner).   With all clearance and insurance in order. I am just trying to get as much information as possible before I need to make my decision.  Debbie 
Chris S.
on 3/31/09 12:49 pm - Tempe, AZ
Debbie since I did it voluntarily the only thing I was told was HIGH protein, low fat.  I did alot of reading through OH and what other had to do and kind of did my own thing.  There was a couple times that I did eat a little bit of dinner but if I did I made sure it was low fat and high protein. 

When you go see Dr Fang ask him what you can do to make sure your are in the best shape possible for surgery. 

High protein and low fat will shrink your liver and that is what your ultimate goal is  I was just reading about a gal in another forum that went in, they put her in the OR opened her up and found her liver too big closed her up and sent her home for two weeks.  That was my biggest fear.  The surgery did not scare me at all it was the fear my liver was to big and they would send me home.

Most Active