what happens next/ just got approval letter

hockey34
on 3/27/09 11:51 am
I have just gotten an approval letter from my insurznce company. Yeah! It only took one week for approval.  I  have seen Dr juarez and really liked him.  because it is late on friday and its the weekend....Does anyone know what happens next?  I would love to hear from anyone who has used Dr juarez or Dr Fang and the Bridges Center.
Chris S.
on 3/27/09 2:43 pm - Tempe, AZ
I am a patient of Dr Juarez and just had surgery two weeks ago.

I know you are floating on a cloud with that approval letter.  Dr Juarez's office will call you to schedule all the pretesting, any appointments and surgery once they receive the approval from your insurance.  It will take them a few days to gather it all and call you.  I called them and left a message when I received my approval but she did state to me when I was able to get through to her that she needed the insurance paperwork in order to schedule.

I would call her on monday or email her monday and let her know you have approval and would like to schedule.  I was in surgery 3 weeks from the time of approval.  I could have been in sooner but I wanted to do the two week liquid diet prior which he did not require for me but I I wanted to make sure my liver was shrunk and best possible situations. 

Congrats on the approval and before you know it you will be on the journey of a lifetime and it is great!
hockey34
on 4/19/09 7:52 am
Thanks for your encouragement. I have final got a surgery date of May 5th. I heard from Dr Juarez's office that I was approved and was told that the surgery scheduler, sabrina would get back to me within 48 hours.  Well a week and a half later..with e-mails and phone calls she finally gave me a date.  I'm still awaiting my paperwork in the mail. I was suppose to get it last monday or tuesday.  I thought I'd just be patient and it would come...but no.  Now I will have to get back to sabrina and see whats going on.  I'm not sure if sabrina has problems or if she is just way to busy to all of this on her own. Its hard to wait..its just the not knowing!!  I was thinking that I would also start a liquid diet one week before surgery.  Please let me know how you are doing and what I can expect.  Did you have to stay over night in hospital, what was your recovery like, it hurt, how long until you went back to work, have you lost weight?  I know this is tons of questions, but I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Bev
Chris S.
on 4/19/09 8:04 am - Tempe, AZ
Bev,

You will get all your paperwork.  It would not hurt to just leave her another message just to be sure she has the correct address etc.

Everyone is differant but I can tell you that I am doing great and I feel great.  I spent two nights in the hospital.  The first night you are on all the IV's and pain meds etc and then they took them out the second day and then spent the second night I am sure for observation.  Dr Jauez comes to see you each morning and as always is very nice.  The bariatric floor of St Lukes is all new so it was really nice.  Ice chips will never taste so good to you!

My recovery has been wonderful.  Pain in the hospital was minimal, basically only hurts when you cough.  I was out of work for one week.  This tuesday I will be 6 weeks out and as of today have lost 52 pounds.

Congrats on your journey and I wish you a speedy recovery
Most Active