Suggestions for a fresh start?

teachingdeb
on 3/26/09 9:04 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Everyone,

The Coke Zero's have stopped. Now I need support from you to help me get going on my journey. My lap band surgery was in 06/07, and NEVER got off to a loosing start. My father passed away when I got home from the procedure and I've been in a mindless funk. My fiance was then diagnosed with DEMENSIA...and I have NOT handled my food choices appropriately. I am done grieving my father, my fiance and my lack of stability on my weight loss journey.

Somebody please tell me I can have a start fresh and make from this point forward a new life for me.
Thanks everyone. I love you all!

Debbie
JRinAZ
on 3/26/09 9:17 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Debbie!

I jus****ched a piece of the heartbreaking story on Oprah's show today.  A 900 lb mother of 2 had WLS and didn't make it.  How heartbreaking!  But, how amazing that she left a legacy of at least trying to make her quality of life better!

It is NEVER too late to start over sweetie!  Have you checked in with your surgeon?  My understanding is that barr any serious scar tissues issues, that having a revision from a band to whatever is like getting a completely new start!  The lapband isn't for everyone but works miracles for many.  Perhaps you just need an adjustment?  .....  My revision (Proximal Rny to Extended Rny) has indeed gotten my regain- plus more, off of me.  I have had some post-op complications but it has been a trade off for getting rid of my diabetes and heart issues.

Support groups all over the valley are available to chat with other peers about their experiences.  Let us know how we can help you!

You CAN be a loser!
Joyce
teachingdeb
on 3/26/09 10:53 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Joyce,

You have given me many things to consider and I appreciate your kind words. Can you give me some information on various support groups?
Thanks!

Debbie
JRinAZ
on 3/26/09 1:15 pm - Layton, UT
Debbie,
Depending on your side of town....there are oodles of options....

East side Options:

1st & 2nd Tuesdays:  Banner Gateway, 6 pm, open to all
2nd Wednesday:  Mtn Vista, 6 p.m., open  to all
4th Tuesday:  Chandler Regional, 6 p.m., open to all (peer facilitated)
Tempe St Luke's:  times/days yet to be determine but there will be a Revision support group as well as a couple of general support.,  open to all

Other side of the world :-)
Banner Estrella, 1st and 3rd Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.,  open to all
Phoenix St Luke's at Bridges Education Bldg, 1st Tuesdays:  5:30 pm GRADUATES group (1 year post-op or more), 6:30 general support meeting, open to all

Other groups are smattered around but most are for the program's patient's only.

Fabulous group up in Prescott (Tri City WLS support Group)...open to all.
Fab groups down in Tucson

WLS get together's coming up:
Saturday April 18th, WLS Educational Seminar, all are invited with minimally priced ticket.
Thursday, May 7th, Dress Barn Girl's Night Out!  Store closes just for us so attendants can help us match outfits that flatter US!  One night discounts given to all who decide to purchase that night.  Dr. Mazaheri will offer Botox at the low party price for any who have reserved a spot ahead of time.  No charge.
Weds, May 20th - Dr. Mazaheri (plastic surgeon for post WLS) will present at Scottsdale Bariatric support group
Saturday, June 6th - Vitalady Visits Phoenix Potluck, all are welcome!  No charge.

Let me know if you want specific details for any of the above, K?

Hugggzzz,
Joyce
Most Active