? FOR DR. BLACKSTONE'S PATIENTS PLEASE

ERIN MC ATEER DE
LA CRUZ

on 3/20/09 2:36 pm - PHOENIX , AZ

I just read a post on the VSG forum.  A woman had so many complications post op that it kinda scared me.  It was some Dr. in Ohio.  Anyways,  I would like to hear from Dr. Blackstone's patients about their immediate (1st week) post op experiences. 

Thanks all!!!

L. TP
on 3/22/09 3:13 am
I can't speak for VSG but i had RNY with her just a few months ago.  Scottsdale in my humble opinion is the very best with patient post op and recovery I have ever heard of.  If VSG is for you, Scottsdale and Blackstone will be the place.  :)  Remember, complications post op are a great deal based on us as individuals and our particular bodies.  I can't tell you how many stories I heard about "oh I had a friend have RNY and blah blah blah (negative)" before my surgery.  For me, I have had some minor issues but am absolutely in love with my surgery and have had immediate attention from Scottsdale when needed.  No regrets.

ERIN MC ATEER DE
LA CRUZ

on 3/22/09 8:09 am - PHOENIX , AZ
thanks so much.  what was your time in recovery like?  were you in alot of pain?
TaiyaD
on 3/29/09 5:07 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi there,

Dr. Blackstone was my surgeon (RNY), and I have to say that she is the best. I am just a little biased of course, but I feel I made the best choice. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have any complications after surgery. My pain after surgery was minimal, and I was up moving around doing more than I should have my first week home. You will experience some pain, but each individual's experience is different. I stayed home from work for 4 weeks, but that was to get use to my new life and not due to recovery time due to pain.

I wish you the best, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Nataiya
Enjoying my new life!

Most Active