Dr. Heffel

PHATKAT27
on 3/20/09 3:10 am
Hello, I am new to the board....I have an appointment with Dr. Heffel next week, does anyone know anything about him?
JRinAZ
on 3/20/09 4:43 am - Layton, UT
LOVE the guy!  But.....I haven't had a bit of surgery done by him so can't give you any help there.  Good luck!
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 3/20/09 7:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Dr. Heffel assisted Dr. Gitt with my plastic surgery.  He also did my aftercare in the hospital after surgery.  I was very satisfied with Dr. Heffel.  If you have any questions you can PM me.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

mablebewitched
on 3/22/09 12:23 am
I too LOVE the guy!   He has done a couple of minor things on me.  He is VERY compationate and caring . He is a bariatric surgeon AND a plastic surgeon and really knows his stuff!  You will probably LOVE him too.
lizp100
on 3/24/09 3:49 pm, edited 3/25/09 5:27 pm
Hi-
We are in the same boat. My first appt was actually with Dr schlesinger then he laeft the practice. I was freaked out then met with Dr Heffel, who seems great. I know he worked on serious bariatric cases when he was at UCLA but he does admit it has been 4 years since he has done a solo bariatric procedure. I am actually having a revision and I asked him to be brutally honest on whether he could handle it, and he said absolutely but that he would also respect my decision to follow Dr S. I thought that was a great response (not ****y) so I am toughing it out with him. I got approved last week from BCBS and should be having surgery in about 3 1/2 weeks. I bet I will be his first........I will post ASAP so you know I made it out ok....lol. Also, I am looking forward to using him as my plastic surgery for a tummy tuck in about a year!

Good Luck!
Liz
JRinAZ
on 3/25/09 1:22 am - Layton, UT
Hey there PhatKat!
Just as a p.s. to my previous post......I would highly recommend to  everyone that "if" they have the slightest hesitation  regarding any surgeon, that they have other consultations.  I went to EIGHT  consultations before I had my first procedures.  Of course after working in the biz a little bit now; I would look in a different way.  I'd check out medical boards, pending lawsuits, ask on forums and at support groups, etc.  Plastic surgery is an expensive and often MAJOR surgery and consistent successful outcomes without complications are things that everyone should hunt for in a plastic surgeon.

Good luck to you!  I"m on deck for some more sometime this year myself.  It's such a great finish to a successful weight loss journey!

Hugggzzz,
Joyce
Most Active