Dr. Blackstone's "Patient Liason" rude additude, anyone else?

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/09 4:08 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Heres the story,

I attended thier seminar with my husband who is also planning on having the surgery, Now I put down a different phone number than my husbands I beleive that was on my medical card (blue cross blue shield). So I receive a phone call last friday from the patient liason, Terry who told me that my insurance had a exclusion for WLS and then just hung up. So I went into action and contacted my HR dept, who in turn contacted BCBS. Now my insurance is telling me we are covered for the surgery providing we meet the criteria for morbid obesity, and that Dr. Blackstones office did indeed call them and they were told I was covered. I call back the office and finally get back to this "patient liason" Terry who furiously claims that they called twice, was told twice that it was excluded and *****fused to call again even after I called her out about being told that they only called once and were told it was covered. I also forwarded the e-mail that I was given which said the exact same thing.

I call again today and was told she hasnt even had time to get to me, nor expects to anytime soon, and that even when she gets to my e-mail and my information that she still has to pass it onto another and they will decide whether or not she will call again.

During this conversation she had a very rude and annoyed tone and I am concerned that this womans annoyance of me, or her job will hinder the process of my approval, not to mention that I have now most likely missed out on any appointment times and god only knows when I will get in.

Has anyone dealt with this woman? If the presentation wasnt so great that I attended for the office I would have dropped it at the rudeness. However now I am considering going elsewhere to get the care I deserve.
20candy07
on 3/19/09 6:15 am - Tolleson, AZ
Call the laison's supervisor and let her know how this particular person is not into customer service...which is her job!!  Dr. Blackstone was on TV a couple of weeks ago portraying a real caring for obese people and their fights to lose weight.  With the job shortage, the should fill the job with someone wanting to work and with more compassion.  Just my thoughts!  No need for rudeness in a customer service position.

beckipoohbear
on 3/19/09 8:21 am - AZ

I don't remember having any problems w/ her back when I was going thru my process and I think it was the same person.  I know it can be extremely frustrating but if you really feel that Blackstone's office is the right place for you (as I felt it was for me!) keep at it and push until you get the service you need.  If it gets bad enough try and speak w/ somebody else, surely she has a supervisor.

Rebecca

3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

ERIN MC ATEER DE
LA CRUZ

on 3/19/09 8:26 am - PHOENIX , AZ
http://www.azblue.com/pdfs/Forms-Resources/2008BluePreferred Saver101507.pdf

Check this out

Please give Dr. Blackstone's office another chance.  She is a wonderful Doctor and her office is full of outstanding people.  There must of been a misunderstanding.  I have been bugging Terry since last year.  I finally have my first appt. on 03/25/09.  Terry's direct number is: 480-355-6864.  Talk to her.  Let her know that you want this surgery and that you want the best DR.,  Dr. Blackstone.  Ask if you can fax or email her your insurance info.  i hope everything works out for you.  If you would like to call me about all the research i have done.  My number is   602-233-3029.   Add me as a friend.  I promise you, you wont regret sticking with this practice.  Read my page and my review of Dr. Blackstone.

Take Care

Garys
on 3/19/09 10:49 am - Mesa, AZ
When I first started researching the WLS surgery a couple of years ago, I was going through Blackstones office before I had to switch for insurance reasons.

The Terry (H) that I dealt with was always professional and helpful.  At the time there were extremely long waiting lists etc and I went with another surgeon. 

This is a frustrating process for eveyone involved, I would give the Office a chance to sort this out and then if you don't feell it is working out, find another office that works for you.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/09 10:54 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you so much for all the comments !

I have great bnews, My husband (who talked to Terry last week, and refused to even let me send her the information and e-mail I received from my HR and BCBS - UNTIL my husband spoke to her, then she turned soo sweet complete 180!) Anyways he took it upon himself to call them today since I was very down in the dumps about the whole thing and considering contacting another provider (although like some of you, I really felt this was the place to go to) As she did last week, she did a complete 180 and I am good to go to call and schedule an appointment. I really hope this works out well and that her additude towards me, and not my husband was a fluke.
JRinAZ
on 3/20/09 4:50 am - Layton, UT
Hey there!
It's sounding like you and your hubby mean business about this surgery!  LOL!  Weigh 2 go!  Zillions have had some troubles at all practices just out of the starting gate so pick your "surgeon" and not necessarily their phone gal!  Bunches love Dr. Blackstone but if things aren't happening then you are one very lucky couple cuz Phoenix is loaded with the best of the best!

There are a couple of support groups in town tomorrow.  How bout you and hubby joining some of us for some WLS chatter!  There's always great info shared by the pros and lots of newbies in your stage to share excitement!

Banner Estrella is at 10:30 and Dr. Schlesinger's is at 5 tomorrow.  Both are open to EVERYONE.  You can scroll through old threads/messages to find the addresses and such.

Let us know how we can help you on your journey, K? 

LOSER'S ROCK!

Joyce
ginau
on 6/19/09 7:58 am - mesa, AZ
Jody

Just chalk it up to a bad day! and everyone is entitled to have one. I am sure Terri  was overwhelmed  with calls after a seminar .   Dr B's office is very busy and sometimes you have to  keep calling . 

Good Luck - It's worth  the wait, the fight and the red tape. 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Deanne K.
on 3/19/09 11:25 am - Tucson, AZ
If you ever have any more problems talk to Diane Gieramano (sp.) she is the practice administrator, she can help you.
nostood
on 3/19/09 6:31 pm - Gilbert, AZ
My personal experience was awful at Dr. Blackstone's office.  They seemed to be a mill and didn't care all that much about any type of patient customer service.  I always felt that they were under the impression that they were giving me a "gift" rather than me being a paying customer.  I could never get responses back from their office, repeated phone messages yielded nothing.  I finally started to look elsewhere.  I ended going to Banner Gateway in Gilbert with Dr. Schuster.  I can't say enough good things about him and his skill as a surgeon and how great the staff was.  Eileen handled all of the paperwork and insurance issues and was always extremely prompt in returning my calls - they even actually answered the phone - not just constantly being sent to a message machine.  The nurses and dietician are top notch and always there.  I would recommend checking them out and visiting some other doctors as well.  I went to four different presentations and met with different doctors before making my final decision after moving on from Dr. Blackstone's.  I am so glad I did.  Good luck!
Most Active