Havin' a little bit of a problem here......

klyn13jwl
on 3/7/09 12:18 am - Lakeside, AZ
Hi Guys......
I'm having a bit of a problem.  I'm having problems with my gallbladder and a herniation of ..........my gastric bypass........?  I can't eat..it's making it impossible for me to even drink water.  Surgery was scheduled for Monday, March 2, but was cancelled.  Now it's scheduled for Tuesday, March 10.  I'm just kinda worried cuz I haven't been eating.........at all......for almost 6 days now.  I was in the hospital for 4 days when they figured out what the problem was.  I haven't been eating............this is kinda scaring me because I know I need to eat....

My question is:
Is this kind of surgery, with the gallbladder, normal after WLS surgery?  I don't know about the herniation of ...........whatever has herniated, but do many people lose their gallbladders?

Kellyn

P.S.  Hi Dawn!  :-)

260/245/145/124 
  I think I'm ready to stop now!
merryterry
on 3/7/09 12:52 am - AZ
Hi! I'm sorry you're going through all this rough stuff and then delaying surgery to fix it-ugh!

I have a lapband so don;t know much about living with RNY and gallbaldders. But you should be okay foodwise. The body can go much longer without food than water. Make sure you get all the water you can handle. Can you handle things like vitamin water or gatorade? Those might help you a bit.

Surgery to fix this is right around the corner, sweetie. I'm praying all goes well, tht you heal quickly and this is just a blip on your journey to good health. Blessings on you!
Less is More

klyn13jwl
on 3/7/09 3:00 am - Lakeside, AZ
Thanks Terry.  Boy!  You're doing great!!     I remember when you were first checkin' out this site and inquiring about WLS.  You looooooook mahhhhhhhhhhvelous!  And BTW........thanks for the advice.

Kellyn  :-)

260/245/145/124 
Chris S.
on 3/7/09 5:33 am - Tempe, AZ
Kellyn,

I sure hope you are feeling better soon.  It was stated at the support meeting this morning that it is not uncommon for bypass patients to have their gallbladder go "south" quite quickly after surgery..

Nita stated I should as Dr Juarez when I go in for my surgery on Tuesday to have him check if it should come out while he is in there and maybe prevent me from having to have another surgery such as you are.

I know others more knowledgeable than I will have more information as to why this happens etc.

I don't know anything about the herniation part but will be watching replies to learn more about it.

Take Care
klyn13jwl
on 3/7/09 6:51 am - Lakeside, AZ
Congratulations!!!   Just think...........we'll both be in the hospital at the same time..........go figure!    I'll be thinking of you.  Get ready to be one of the many losers!  I'm so excited for you!  Today I wore a pair of Levis 501 button fly jeans!!!  I haven't been able to fit into that brand since Jr. High school!!  I love this feeling!!   

Congrats, again.

260/245/145/124 
MDIASMOORE1969
on 3/9/09 2:59 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I had my RNY done in 1998 and almost 6 months after that, I had emergency bowel obstruction surgery and my gall bladder removed.  My Dad had the same RNY surgery and he had his gall bladder removed at the same time as the RNY.  I have read that many gastric bypass patients have had their gall bladders removed as well, either during initial RNY or after.   I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery!  I will soon begin my revision journey.....  TAKE CARE!
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/09 10:34 pm - AZ
Hi Kellyn,

Seems your not feeling so good. I had my gall bladder out when I was 19 years old. I was sick alot in high school. Back than that was my first open surgeon and from than on all my surgery's have been open. I am a bad risk for anything done laproscopic. Make sure you call your surgeon's office and ask them to clearly explain what your issues are again. I don't understand about the herniated part but I can see the gall bladder issue. I guess it is common for people after WLS to start to have inflamation of the gall bladder kicking up. Keep us posted.

Dawn
klyn13jwl
on 3/10/09 12:17 am - Lakeside, AZ
Much thanks goes out to all of you that have given me words of consolation.  I'm getting ready to get in the shower right now, but my heart goes out to the girl that is having her WLS today............. GOOD LUCK!!  I'll be thinking about you as I lay in my hospital bed.  Thanks to everyone,for all the wonderful info on gallbladders, it has helped calm my nerves.  You guys are all wonderful.... and I love this site!  Where else can you go where you're treated like family and the advice is soooooooo great!  Thanks again............I'm off to shower and then report to the hospital.    ::sigh::

260/245/145/124 
JRinAZ
on 3/10/09 6:46 am - Layton, UT
Kellyn!
(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))!  Let us know how things went!  Getting rid of the gallbladder was a happy moment for my body!  I'll bet you'll feel soooooo much better! 

Joyce
Most Active