Boo!

merryterry
on 2/27/09 9:25 am - AZ
I think I told you guys about my cellulitis and all that? Well, anyway, that seems to be clearing up and I'm hoping my last dose of vancomycin through my PICC will be Monday and get the PICC out soon after.

During all the blood work, it was discovered-again-that my white count was reallly high and so yesterday I officially recieved the diagnosis of chronic myelogenous leukemia, which is treatable, but it's still cancer and it still sucks.

And today, I had another doppler/ultrasound and we thought it was more cellulitis but it looks like it blood clots-supeficial. I'm hoping ibuprophen and heat will take care of it so I don't have to go on coumidin-been there done that and it's a pain in the but with the protimes and all.

Oh yeah, and my potassium ang magnesium are low and my renal function is elevated so I don't know what other fun and games are in the future.

And everytme I have to go to the drugstore, I buy a candy bar or something-stress eating is back with a vengeance!

So, yeah, it's not so much fun being me right now.

Less is More

merryterry
on 2/27/09 9:36 am - AZ
yay! I think I finally figured out how to put my ticker on!
Less is More

Deanne K.
on 2/27/09 11:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  It sure does suck.  You deserve to gain your life back.  I will put you on my  prayer list.  Please take care of yourself and keep us filled in on how you are doing.

May you feel all of us surrounding you with our  hugs.
Ann M.
on 2/27/09 8:32 pm - Peoria, AZ
Terry, I'm sorry to hear about your news.  Life does throw you curveballs and one just came your way.  I too have problems with magnesium and take an extra 1,500 mg a day and have since a month after my surgery.  I buy the capsules so they're easy to go down.

I wish you wouldn't pick up that candy bar but if you find yourself picking up a candy bar at the store, find a protein bar instead.  You'll get extra protein plus you'll have that sweet taste that your body is craving to get rid of the stress.  Better yet, get out and walk around the block.  If you still want that stress reducer then make it a small piece.

I'm hoping to see you next Saturday at the meeting.  We'll sit & commiserate about our health problems and what we can do to support each other while we're going through them.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active