PIGGY PIGGY OINK OINK--bad week

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/09 11:16 am - Phx, AZ

OMGoodness!  Tonight I ate like a PIG!!!!!  And HOW in the world CAN THAT BE?????  I'll tell you..... it's been the day from Hellishness, that's for sure.... in fact, it's been a bad week altogether.  How?

After about a year of fighting w/my hubby that things are just not "bright" enough in the house in the eves, and now for a few months--extra blurriness of my vision--I found out that I, a 40 y-o female, have Cataracts in both eyes.  The doc, a good Retinologist says it's from my 'former' diabetes... (which I cannot understand, because having my RNY 4 years ago (anniversary was Sun, the 22nd) my blood sugars are in control....... yet, I have (since the RNY) developed Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, and Retinal Aneurisms....now the Cataracts!!!  It was stressful to find that. 

THEN the next day, my 23-y-o son calls me and tells me he is divorcing his new wife (she evidently is violent...breaking his nose.......).....this phone call after a 2-year relationship w/said "woman" who turned my otherwise delightful and loving son TOTALLY AGAINST ME... screaming abuses and threatening my life.  Did I know she would turn on him????? Yes, what goes around.......   At this point, I cannot bring myself to do for this 'boy/man' until he proves himself to be my son again. 

Today, on my school bus (on which I transport only 6 students at a time), one of them stole my cell phone!!!  This was the final straw!  I was so incensed at this.....I cannot begin to describe...however I am sure my blood pressure was up. 

On top of it all, I am PMS-ing this week, so that doesn't help.

So, what do I do?????  What did I USED to do before my surgeries?????  EAT AND EAT AND EAT.  Well, I did not eat and eat and eat, but I just ate and ate.  Technically, it was good-for-me-food....  I made a delicious veggie frittata...loaded w/zucchini, onion, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, eggs and cheese....  but I am now a pig. 

Do not berate me...for I can do that all by myself.  And I am.  But it just goes to show: Old Habits Die Hard.  UG

JRinAZ
on 2/26/09 12:46 pm - Layton, UT
Sweetie,
So sorry you had a series of unfortunate crap happen! Good for you for drowning it with a healthy frittata!!!  That's amazing progress don't you think?

Cyber hugs your way for a better tomorrow! ......It sounds like your small son needs some mommy lovin?  I'm a softie and have never been good at the tough love thing.

Your pretty peeps will get better with surgery right?

Huggggzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/09 7:11 am - Phx, AZ
Thanks, Joycie:

It is 4 p.m., Friday.  I am in my TWO PIECE (bottoms are shorts), I am sitting on my chaise lounge outside in the sun... w/laptop on lap, headphones on listening to Andrea Boccelli music on pandora.com (altho Josh Groban is singing now....what a hunky voice!), with an EXTRA LARGE cup of coffee.  It's really my only vice... with the exception of a piece or 2 of chocolate (unless I am PMSing...... Uh oh!).  I am PMSing SO TERRIBLY... it happens occasionally, and today everything seems rather explosive.  Thank heavens I have a patient hubby who will go redeem our 2 FREE Chipotle burritos (I will have mine filled w/steak and lettuce) so that I don't have to cook tonight. 

My son.  I wish I could go into it here....He has been entirely the apple of my eye... such an affection, caring son, who always wanted to take care of his Mom...it makes me misty.....He became incredibly defiant when he met this 25 y-o (yet married) "woman/girl/whatever" who took an innocent 20 y-o and all he had that was innocent, and turned him terribly against me... because I wouldn't do for THEM...she was already a single parent, and claimed that a new baby was his, altho to this day he says the baby is 5 months younger than she does.....Paternity issues?????  It's sad.  I am giving this one TIME.  I don't want my son to think that mom can fix everything...meaning, I want to see his intentions.  I don't want to help out if it means this gal can be a part of my life.  (sorry if some of you *****ad this don't agree... it's a very deep story, which I am keeping private).  Tough love.  Tough on me, that is.  Maybe him too... in time we'll be together again.

I now have to search for a cell phone on e-bay, because I am not in the market to spent a lot of $$ since my contract is done in Nov.  So that is my today-stresses......our Dr. S support group should have been TOMORROW....for I have a boatload of stress this week.

Thanks bunches...
merryterry
on 2/27/09 8:13 am - AZ
I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I've had a week from hell, too, and have been eating.

I'm praying things get real better with your eyes. I can't imagine not being able to see. I'm sorry about your son's problems, too. I hope he realizes he has to "man-up", admit his mistakes, make them right and move on.

God bless you!

Less is More

Most Active