ok so I have no idea what to do next?

HALLIEH
on 2/26/09 4:53 am - mesa, AZ
Ok so I had bypass in Phila in 2003. Great surgeon. I moved to AZ same year. I have been putting weight back on and then WHAM. Hysterecomy in 2007 and 50 pounds back on in no time. Do I need a revision? Will insurance pay for that? I have no idea where to turn and what to do?
JRinAZ
on 2/26/09 6:26 am - Layton, UT
Hi there!
Revisions are not a death sentence!  Nor are they evidence of bad behavior!  No worries k?  My revision was a life saver.  Though I did have post surgery complications, the success of weight loss has been fantastic!  .....  Revisions are covered by most insurances "IF"...1.  They find it to be medially necessary (tests will be run by the Revision surgeon to explore things)  2.  You meet the original criteria yet again....BMI over 35, co-morbidities, history of obesity, letters of recomendation, etc.  Not all insurances are on the same page nor do they all feel anyone is entitled to a 2nd chance.  So, the best path is to make an appointment with a Revision surgeon and find out about your specific cir****tances.

Dr. Eric Schlesinger did my revision.  He rocks! 480.968.6105
Other revision surgeons in the valley:  Dr. Terry Simpson (puts a band over your Rny) 602.234.8995
Dr. Juarez - 602.251.8828
Dr. Simon
I've heard that Dr. Blackstone has done revisions also but I'm not sure.

If you'd like to join a bunch of us for brunch on the 7th; I can send you the details.  We're having a little Revision get together to talk about "us".  Y'all would be welcome to listen :-)

Good luck!  My advice is to GO FOR IT!!!!  Everyone deserves another crack at getting to goal!

Hugggzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

HALLIEH
on 2/26/09 1:44 pm - mesa, AZ

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. I WILL MAKE SOME CALLS AND LOOK INTO IT. I WOULD LOVE MORE INFO ON YOUR GROUP.

Most Active